Skip to main content

Mom is having surgery.

Just a quick entry to let everyone know that my mom stepped in a pothole in a parking lot coming out of Bingo! She broke her knee cap in two places and tore the tendon under her knee. She will be having surgery today. She is in a lot of pain but I think the pain meds are finally kicking in. When I got to the hospital and saw her knee I could not believe it. It looked like the size of a grapefruit! Please keep her in your prayers tomorrow. I know that the surgery should go well but I know that she is scared.
I will update when I get back from the hospital later today.

Comments

Sugar said…
saying a prayer for your mom this morning, hoping all goes well.
God bless...
Helen said…
Sending up a prayer for your Mom. Helen
Debbie said…
Trish, I'm really sorry to hear this. Your Mom is in my prayers.
Hugs
Debbie
Dutch said…
I am saying a pray for your Mom. I hope she gets better soon.
Hollie said…
Sorry about your Mom. I'll be praying for her....
Terri said…
Oh no Trish...I hate to hear this!

Keeping your mom in my prayers...please let us know how her surgery went when you can...

Hugs
Terri

Popular posts from this blog

I didn't fall of the face of the earth!!!

I didn't fall of the face of the earth I really didn't!! I have just been doing the same old stuff....babysitting, babysitting and more babysitting!! Little Jeffrey is getting so big. He is talking so good now and is the sweetest boy EVER!! He really has me wrapped around his finger. So what's been going on other than babysitting? I had my 3 month checkup with my oncologist. I have a "nodule" on my right breast. I have to go June 5th for the usual workup. Mammogram, ultrasound, and breast MRI. From there they will let me know if I have to have a biopsy. I guess I will never have a time in my life when I don't have to worry about breast cancer not creeping back up on me. I just celebrated my 46th birthday. I had a nice day with my family. My daughter Megan bought new cushions for my patio set. Jeff and Bonnie gave me a gift card and I went and bought an anti gravity lawn chair. It's the best chair EVER!! I am really going to enjoy it when we go camping in J...

I have good news!

My mom is finally home! I went picked her up today. She is feeling really good. And I have great news! Her thyroid biopsy was benign!!! We are so relieved. She has to follow up with the cardiologist in 2 weeks but they seem to think that her heart rate was dropping due to the surgery because all of her tests came back good. I took her to get her prescription and she was so happy because it only costs $4.00! She has to be on it forever so she was worried it was going to cost a fortune. Sam’s Club has a deal with certain prescription drugs and they are all $4.00! So if your paying a lot somewhere else go check out the list and see if your drugs on there. I asked the guy if there were any chemo drugs and he laughed and said are you kidding me! lol I did see the lidocane that I use on my port to numb it before chemo, and I pay a higher copay with insurance so I may be going there soon. As for me I am having a really good day. I feel great. I have chemo on Monday, so just like last ti...

2nd Chemo down!

I had my second chemo on Monday and so far so good. Aside from a little fatigue and stomach stuff going on I'm doing ok. I may have overdone it yesterday though. I went to the Look Good Feel Better class that the American Cancer Society offers. It was wonderful! I have been volunteering with the Realy for Life for 4 years and I actually got to see what some of our money has been going for. My mom and Sue went with me. Then of course the lady that was running it had to go and do the tupperware introduce yourself game. I was the last one and when I opened my mouth I said my name and why I was there and how my family is here and how much they support me and I have 2 kids and then I started crying.....oh god! Then my mom and Sue were crying. I got over it once I opened the bag and saw all the goodies though. They gave me a big bag just filled with makeup, and I am talking good makeup! The kind I walk past in the department store and dream about! They showed how to put on your eyebrows ...