Skip to main content

My last Oncologist appointment for a while!

I went to the Oncologist last Wednesday and he reassured me that everything is fine! I am so happy. I have been so worried but he walked in the door and I said, “hi, it’s your two favorite people” (me and My mom) and he said your right! Then he said “congratulations!” Your MRI came back clean! I don’t have to go back and see him for 3 months. You don’t know how happy that makes me. I am so sick of that place. He said to go ahead and make the appointments to get my port out and he also thinks it is a good idea like my surgeon suggested that I get the colonoscopy at the same time. I have to call and make the appointment this week. Yay! I get to have my port out. Besides the boy haircut I have the port is one of the last remaining reminders that I HAD breast cancer. I like saying HAD! He also put me on some medicine for the neuropathy that I am having. (arms and feet going numb) He said it is nerve damage from the Taxotere. That was one of the chemo drugs I was on. I also have to take Centrum every day. I have to say though I am feeling like my old self again and I am loving it. I even started doing eBay again and am doing really good with it so far. I just need to get organized and put some more stuff on. The worst part of ebaying is mailing the stuff out. Sometimes I am at the post office 3 times a week. In fact they all know me there. They were great through the BC ordeal. I went in a couple times and they had gifts for me!

Baby Jeffrey is 2 months old already. He is so darn cute. He is smiling more and more every day. Bonnie went back to work so I am babysitting now. I love it. I am just glad I have the energy to do it.

Megan bought her first car. It is cute. It needs some work but it is her first car. We brought it home and she washed it and waxed it and vacuumed it all out. I bet it will be cleaner that her room!

Jeff and Bonnie are planning the party to celebrate their marriage. They mentioned having an 80’s themed party. How funny is that. I told them I will probably be able to spike my hair up with some glue by then. Maybe color it purple..hee hee. Hows that for the mother of the groom! They are excited about it. I know they wish they could have had a nice wedding but they are really happy that they are married.

I think we are going to an auction this weekend. We love to go to auctions I haven’t been going to many, but we did stop at one the other day. It’s funny because I keep running my hand through my hair (it’s a new habit I got since my hair started growing in). Well every time I would lift my hand and put in through my hair, Jeff would go “you just bid on that”. hee hee. Too funny.

I’m off to bed! It’s late. Take care!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It does my heart good to hear how well you sound.  It just oozes from your post.  What a relief that you are officially NED!!  That baby is just adorable.  He must be a joy to watch.  Take care!  - Stephanie
Anonymous said…
I am celebrating your good news with you! Congratulations! It's a great feeling..isn't it?   I got the all clear a couple of months ago and now its just 6 monthly check ups. Its the best feeling on earth.   Your grandson is adorable.  And isn't he so alert?   Wonderful entry.
Jeanie
Anonymous said…
Congraulations I am so happy for you that is the best news ever.
We love you lots
The Capoocia, Payuer &  DeFazio Families.
Anonymous said…
That is the best news ever!!!!
i am truly happy for you!
Lyn
Anonymous said…
I always love to read some good news!!
Missie
Anonymous said…
I am so glad to hear this good news!!  Linda
Anonymous said…
 Congratulations on no more chemo!  WTG.   I have an on line shop also, aren't you shocked by how much shipping has increased!  Yikes and my supply costs have gone through the roof.  I also know everyone by name at the post office, LOL.


               Julie
Anonymous said…
Great news Trish!  Doing the happy dance for ya.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success
Anonymous said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
AND ALSO.......
That is the most adorable little baby!!!!
love ya,
carlene
Anonymous said…
May you from this journal entry always be blessed and be able to say I had cancer, it's in remission. Our prayers are being answered. Jeffrey is just darling, enjoy every wonderful moment with him.  Oh I don't doubt Megan's car will be cleaning then her bedroom, first cars always are specialm I sure remember mine. The 80's party ought to be a hoot, enjoy  Stop running your hand through your hair, or you'll go broke at the auction house.  Take care, great news on your MRI dear. Arlene (AJ)
Anonymous said…
That is THE most wonderful news!  I couldnt be any happier for you, Snoops!!!!

We all knew you could do it...you kept the faith and leaned on those when you could.  Stay strong and positive!

Congrats to your son and his new wife!  Baby J is just beautiful and getting bigger and bigger every picture you post!

What a wonderful time....enjoy every minute!

XOXO, Sus
Anonymous said…
I am so happy for you Trish!!!! Hair, grandbaby, no evidence of disease......I'll be trying to play catch up with you soon! Happy days are here again! lol

XOXOX
K.
Anonymous said…
Such happy news.  Looks like the sun is shining on you.   Have fun with baby Jeffrey.       Dawn         http://journals.aol.com/adlessor/ACoupleofNomads/
Anonymous said…
{{{{{{Trish}}}}}   I do wish those hugs were real, and not virtual, but you know my heart is in it!!  What happy news!!  What a relief, huh?  I remember hearing those words almost 12 years ago, and being completely ecstatic!!

Your grandson is so handsome!!  I'm glad you are able to care for him too!!

Much love and grateful prayers!

Jackie
Anonymous said…
I am sooo happy Trish!!!!  GR8T news!!!!!  Doing the happy dance...enjoy the grandbaby and enjoy this moment!!!!  Have the best week!  Hugs,TerryAnn
Anonymous said…
haha@ you just bid on that...too funny!

Wonderful news on the MRI... =)

Baby Jeffrey is absolutely adorable, I know
you just love keeping him.

An 80's theme party would be so fun!
Take lots of pics

Hugs,
Terri

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am