Skip to main content

Chemo Sucks!

This 3rd chemo has really kicked my butt.  I am just not snapping out of it. I am so tired and nauseated. I am really starting to hate this.  I went to the doctor and my red cell count is low and I am anemic. I had to get a shot and I will get it once a week until my count comes up.  I really can't wait until March when this is over. It seems like it will be forever before it gets here.  I am really trying not to get down about this but I am really sick of feeling like this.  I'm hungry and have no appetite. I force myself to eat then I'm sick. UGGG! I also have been having really bad leg cramps. The kind that you wake up with and your toes flare out!  My calves feel like I ran 20 miles. I feel so bad because I have not been calling my friends. I have just been so down and feeling icky.  I hope everyone understands. OK enough whining.

I stayed at my sisters for 2 days and then came home to find out my dog was sick while I was gone. My family was chasing him around with the carpet cleaner for 2 days. He is getting old (15) We bought him different  food and I think that is what did it. I think it is too rich for him. I came home to total chaos, then I said...why didn't you just put him on the landing with the fence....nobody thought of that, instead they went through 5 rolls of paper towel and a gallon of carpet cleaner!

I watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition Sunday.  The women had breast cancer and when she was explaining everything she was going through I cried. Everything she said I was feeling. She was also involved in the Relay For Life. I have been involved for a few  years now. The last 2 years I have been the Entertainment Chair. On this episode they did a 5 day Relay and it was really touching. I can't wait for our Relay this year. I am looking forward to help planning it.  My sister Sue is the chairperson and she works so hard. We always did the Relay for my sister Sharon and my dad, now I guess I am going to be a reason to Relay.

I had a drive by drop off from my cousin the other day!  What  a wonderful surprise it was. They just handed in a bag and was gone in a flash. I wandered to the door from the couch and they were gone. It was from Tim and Linda and she made some cookies for the family! That was so sweet. I have such wonderful family and friends.
My friend Peggy comes every Tuesday with a box of goodies! I have gained some weight since I started chemo and the doctor thinks it's a good thing.....I think it is the steroids I am on, but I really don't eat any more than I usually have. In fact I can't even say ......McDonalds without gagging. (I just gagged) I'm not eating a lot of fast food it just sounds so gross.

I have a few pictures of Megan on homecoming that I wanted to post. There is also one of my dog on Halloween..Too cute!
She looked so beautiful! I just wanted to share them.
I'm off to eat some cheez Its!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, honey, I do sympathize with you on the chemo.  I remember that nasty taste.  It always reminded me of being pregnant and having morning sickness.  It's like you want to eat, but you have no appetite, and when you do, you just want a throw it back up.  Hang in there though, Trish.. which I know you will.  March will be here before you know it, and this will all be a memory.  Here's a story for you.  My hair was straight as a poker before chemo.  When it grew back in, it was curly!!  I kid you not!  It has toned down a bit since then, but I still have a wave in my hair where I didn't before.
I always think.. man.. if that chemo can curl my hair, it is some strong stuff!
Hang in there, sweetie!  I will hold good healthy thoughts for you, and keep those prayers going up!!

Big hugs
Jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/
Anonymous said…
Oops.. forgot to tell you how beautiful you daughter looks....and how cute your puppy is all dressed up for Halloween!! lol

Hugs
Jackie
Anonymous said…
I am so sorry you are having to go through all this...I do not pretend to know how chemo makes you feel becasue I have never had it, but from reading this, I know it has to be horrible...Please hold on...March will be here, it may seem like forever to you, but it WILL get here.
You have a very beautiful daughter,and the little "super man" was adorable too! lol
God bless and keep you in His care,
love ya,
carlene
Anonymous said…
Trish...I'm sorry you have to go thru this.  Whine all you want.  I know I would be.  I know March seems a long time away but it will be here before ya know it.  Your daughter is beautiful!  Sorta looks like LeeAnn Womack.  Keeping ya in my prayers girl!
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/bamas-country-photos
Anonymous said…
Beautiful pictures of your daugther!!  I hope you feel better soon.  Linda
Anonymous said…
Your daughter is so pretty.  Did you fix her hair?  Looks really nice.  Too funny about the dog.  He's a little cutie.
Anonymous said…
Hugs,friend!!!  I hate that you have to feel so bad!  But...in the end..you will be stronger one day!  Keeping you in my prayers!  Your daughter is beautiful!  TerryAnn
Anonymous said…
October flew by in a blink, November is almost over.....March will be here before you know it.  I hate that you feel so bad.  Your daughter is beautiful.

                Julie
Anonymous said…
Trish, I am sorry you are feeling so bad!  I hear you girl...I am just not bouncing back to my usual self either.  I feel like such a whiner, but people keep asking me how I am feeling and I can't hide the fact that I am feeling crappy!  I am not nauseated as much anymore, but I am tired and achy and that makes me cranky.  I have not been calling my friends or responding to their emails, either.  I just don't have enough energy.  Anyway, keep hanging in there.  I am so glad I have you and the other October girls to go through this with.  Although I am sorry that any of us has to do this in the first place!  See you on BC.org!
Kristin
Anonymous said…
Keep hanging in there, you have been there for me and given me strength and I hope I can do the same for you. My prayers are with you everyday. I can totally relate to the feeling of lethargy and being hungry and nauseous at the same time. Just keep that upbeat spirit and you got it beat. We all love you and are behind you 200%. Blessings, Barbara
Anonymous said…
Trish,
I am so sorry you have been feeling so bad...
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as always.
Your daughter and her friend are gorgeous!!!
Your dog is a cutie  =)

Hugss..~Terri~
Anonymous said…
Trish

Sorry to hear that the chemo has knocked the stuffing out of you.......hopefully though it will do the job and you will bounce back in Spring just like the beautiful flowers

Hugs
Jayne
Anonymous said…
awww...Dabny is sooo cuute! :-D
so beautiful pics of Megan..she looks like that one girl in American Idol-who won the title, [aww geez! I forgot her name] but I think she's a country singer now :-)
Gem~

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am