Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I didn't fall of the face of the earth!!!







I didn't fall of the face of the earth I really didn't!! I have just been doing the same old stuff....babysitting, babysitting and more babysitting!! Little Jeffrey is getting so big. He is talking so good now and is the sweetest boy EVER!! He really has me wrapped around his finger.

So what's been going on other than babysitting?
I had my 3 month checkup with my oncologist. I have a "nodule" on my right breast.
I have to go June 5th for the usual workup. Mammogram, ultrasound, and breast MRI.
From there they will let me know if I have to have a biopsy. I guess I will never have a time in my life when I don't have to worry about breast cancer not creeping back up on me.

I just celebrated my 46th birthday. I had a nice day with my family. My daughter Megan bought new cushions for my patio set. Jeff and Bonnie gave me a gift card and I went and bought an anti gravity lawn chair. It's the best chair EVER!!
I am really going to enjoy it when we go camping in July. We are going to Ludington State Park for 2 weeks. We are buying a new camper as soon as we find one we really like. The one we have now is really old. I love it but it is just falling apart!

The weather is so nice! I have been working in the yard and planting flowers. I love this time of year. I have an ant problem on my patio though! I don't have the heart to kill them though...lol I have to get Jeff to put out the ant killer for me. I just can't!! Is that weird??

I joined a gym a couple months ago and it is really helping me get strong again.
I love working out there. My sister Sue joined too and we have so much fun together there. I'm getting in shape and actually losing some inches here and there. I have to say..working out does make me feel better. I hate working out at home so I had to join the gym just to keep me motivated.

This weekend is the Relay for Life. I am so excited and the weather is supposed to be nice. I hope the weather report doesn't change! Here is my Relay Page.
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY09GL?px=4408349&pg=personal&fr_id=14478

I have to get to bed! I'm going to work out in the morning and then we have to pick up the lemons for our lemonade stand we are having at the Relay.
Be back soon

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope that nodule is nothing. Sometimes they actually are nothing! (hard to believe though...) I'll be thinking about you - hate those MRI's!

Happy Birthday! I'm a May baby too - just turned 44. Glad to hear the weather is pretty. I just can't imagine not wanting to kill the ants! Show no mercy! LOL! (they have no problem invading your home when given a chance).

I can't believe your grandson is getting so big. It seems like he was just born. He's still such a cutie.

kelly said...

wishing you all the best.. will be thinking of you... little Jeffrey is adorable.. and I can see how he could wrap you around his finger... good luck..
hugs
Kelly~

Missie said...

I hope the nodule is nothing, but yes, you will always wonder and worry. As I think I've mentioned to you before, my mom went 20 years between her first breast cancer and second breast cancer. She was always afraid of every little odd thing during those 20 years. Even now that she's fought the second battle, has no breasts, she still worries.

Have a good one.

Nic N said...

I hope that nodule is nothing at all. It's funny the things that worry us to death after having cancer...even the smallest thing like feeling tired can set our minds to worry. I'm sure everything will be fine, though! Have fun at the Relay! We are doing the Lymphomathon this upcoming weekend! Should be a good time for all.

Good luck!

Terri said...

Keeping you in my prayers that the nodule is nothing...please keep us updated when you can...

Happy belated Birthday!!!

Little Jeffrey is so cute and really growing... :)

Good to hear from you, missed ya!

Hugs
Terri

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Trish, Great blog! I have added you to my blogroll, Cancer Blog Links at www.beingcancer.net
Take care, Dennis

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Open invitation to you and your readers to participate in the Being Cancer Book Club. This month we are discussing “The Last Lecture” by Randy Pausch. “...the lecture he gave ... was about the importance of overcoming obstacles, of enabling the dreams of others, of seizing every moment (because “time is all you have…and you may find one day that you have less than you think”). It was a summation of everything Randy had come to believe. It was about living.”
Monday is Book Club day; Tuesday Guest Blog and Friday Cancer News Roundup.
Also check out Cancer Blog Links containing almost 200 blog links and Cancer Resources with 230 referenced sites, both divided into disease categories.
Please accept this invitation to join our growing cancer blogging community at www.beingcancer.net
Take care, Dennis

Lance Tang said...

Hi,
I'm participating in one of the Breast Cancer Bag Print Design Contest. I hope to get your support!
Please Vote for me !!
Follow the link and click on the pink ribbon to vote.
Let's spread the breast cancer awareness!
Thanks.......
http://www.emmagem.com/bagprintdesign/?p=172

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Special invitation to all breast cancer bloggers. This month the Being Cancer Book Club is reading “The Adventures of Cancer Bitch” by S. L. Wisenberg, “witty and relentless, surprising and honest. Wisenberg has walked through the Valley of Cancer and she is willing to tell all; this is a cornucopia of breast cancer information as well as a very smart, funny read from an excellent writer."—Audrey Niffenegger, author, The Time Traveler’s Wife.
Book discussions are in Mondays’ posts. Take care, Dennis

Sara Diana said...

Hi, Happy birthday. Your grandson is cute! Good luck with the tests, its always a worry. xx

kanishk said...

wishing you all the best.. will be thinking of you... little Jeffrey is adorable.. and I can see how he could wrap you around his finger... good luck..
How to make a website

Lori J said...

No wonder this little tyke has you wrapped around his finger..been there done that.

Enjoying your journal.

ALBERTA Lori

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What a great blog--amazing that you've kept track of your entire journey...we know it will be helpful to many women. Looking forward to reading more entries!

bussines said...

nice story.
thanks for your share.
www.cancerhealingstory.blogspot.com

Debbi said...

It has been a year since you last wrote. How are you doing?

Trish said...

I'm doing good Debbie! I'm working full time and I feel fantastic! It will be 5 years this month since I was diagnosed with cancer. Thanks for asking!
Trish