Skip to main content

Back from vacation and good news.

I am home from vacation. We had such a nice time. We were camping in Muskegeon on Lake Michigan for 10 days. Just a lot of hanging out with my family, bike riding, long car rides exploring, and eating! On the second night there we had a king crab leg feast. It was so good. My sister Sue deep fried some shrimp for me because she knows how much I love it.  I must have ate 30 shrimp myself. I am craving it right now. Pam and Mike had so many funny jokes to play on us.  My friends Vic and Panda came for a few days with their daughter and Megan and George came up on Thursday with the dog. We all had so much fun and it was just what I needed.

While I was camping I got a call from my son Jeffrey who said he was lost in downtown Detroit because he was going with Bonnie to pick up his marriage license. Then he told me that they would be married the following Monday. Huh What? I had my biopsy scheduled for the same time they picked to be married so they changed the time to 11:00 a.m. Monday morning. So yesterday Jeff, Bonnie, Her mother and I all went downtown and they got married in a short but very sweet ceremony. Yup Jeffrey and Bonnie are married! They will have a little party in celebration later in the year, but since the baby was born they just wanted to be a family. They are really happy and they are even going on a little honeymoon on Thursday.

Right after the wedding I had to get home and be to the doctor by 1:00. They had scheduled a biopsy for me. I went to the breast center and they did an ultra sound. The tech found a cyst, but the lump that we can feel would not even show up on the ultra sound so they are sure it is just breast tissue. They assured me that everything looked good in my right breast so they didn’t do the biopsy. Yipee! I was not looking forward to the biopsy and I am so relieved they are confident that there is nothing to be worried about. I am wondering what my oncologist has to say about this since he ordered the biopsy and they didn’t do it. I also have to talk to my surgeon and see what he thinks. Who knows they may want it out anyway. Now I just have three more procedures to get done. I am choosing to have my ovaries removed because of my high risk of ovarian cancer, I have to get my port removed, and then I have to have the colonoscopy. I didn’t realize how down I had been until the ride home in the car with Pam and I broke down and cried. I had been so scared. I was so afraid that it was going to turn out to be cancer again. I had been in such like a blank mode. I was doing things and going along with my vacation but I was really lost there for a while. Now I can move on. My hair is growing and I am feeling stronger everyday. I only had a few times on vacation where I napped all day, so I am on the comeback. I still have to decide if I am going to go back to work. Jeff wants me to quit my job and stay home and focus on our eBay sales and I also think I will be babysitting for Jeff and Bonnie.

The baby grew so much in 10 days. He is really filling out, and so much more alert. I couldnt wait to get my hands on him when I got home. I love him so much. He is such a cutiepoo!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, my name is Pam. I'm new to your journal. I'm enjoying reading your journal and getting to know you.  I'm glad your news today at the Doc was good.
Look forward to reading more.
Pam
Anonymous said…
Congradulation Trish Pam told me all about.  I am so happy I started to cry
so when are you coming to nj with your mom. haha
Love ya
Linda, Anothony, Ashley & Gina
Anonymous said…
Looks like you had a great time.  I am so glad to hear that everything is going well.  Linda
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad the news from the office was good.  Enjoy the rest of your week.
Missie
Anonymous said…
Yah,grammie Trish! You are in an inspiration!  Babies tend to grow faster when you don't look at them everyday!! -Dawn-
Anonymous said…
Oh, I am so happy for you!!!! Gd bless and keep you safe!!!
love  ya,
carlene
Anonymous said…
{{{Trish}}}  What fantastic news!!!  Prayers do work, girlfriend!!  You are walking proof of that!  I'm glad you had a good time on your vacation, and that the news you got upon your return was good! :)

Hugs and love
Jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/
Anonymous said…
Woohoo....Great news Trish!  I'm so happy for you!
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you all had a great getaway. Congrats to the newlyweds. Quit your job and opt to spend all that time with your grandson... I made that decision three years ago and have never regretted a minute of it. Like you said he's growing to much every day. Stay with him, hold him, read to him, take pictures of him everyday and just sit in awe of him. I've vote for that one.
Take care, Chrissie
Anonymous said…
Good vacation and good news, and hair growing back in, can't get much better than that.  Enjoy your grandson.          Dawn
ihttp://journals.aol.com/adlessor/ACoupleofNomadss
Anonymous said…
Congratulations to Jeff and Bonnie!  I'm glad they changed the time so you could attend.  And I'm SO glad they didn't feel like it needed a biopsy.  I hope your onc agrees.  Now, enjoy the rest of your summer with that monkey off your back!
Stephanie
Anonymous said…
Wonderful news Trish!!!!
Congrats to Jeffrey and Bonnie, glad
you had a wonderful vacation...

Hugs,
Terri

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am