Skip to main content

Biopsy scheduled but first VACATION!

I got a call from my oncologist office. They said that I needed to make an appointment with my surgeon because they want to biopsy the lump. She said that they think it is a cyst but because it is so close to the chest they don’t want to call it a cyst. A cyst sounds good to me. I went to my surgeon he felt the lump too and he wants me to have a ultrasound guided biopsy. Personally I just want the thing removed. Out of me! The thing is I am leaving for vacation Thursday and he wanted me to have it done before I left, but they couldn’t schedule it before then. Then the Breast Cancer Center calls me and tells me they want to do another ultrasound. Now I am just confused. Why do I have to have another ultrasound? I have no idea. So I have an ultrasound the day after I get back from vacation.  I have to go get my port flushed tomorrow at the oncologist office so I will be stopping by the front desk for sure to ask what the heck is going on. But ya know what? I am going on my vacation and I am not going to worry about it. I am sick of it. I just want to go and have fun and not think about cancer and that’s what I am going to do!

My cousin Linda and her family came to visit from New Jersey and we had such a nice time. They went to check out The University of Michigan, (her husband Tony is a big fan) Checked out Tiger Stadium and Comerica Park. We had a nice dinner at Pam’s house on Saturday. Then on Sunday we all went to breakfast. She has the sweetest kids and they are just beautiful. I really enjoyed their visit. I hope we can go to New Jersey and visit them next year. I wanted to go this year but it is just not working out.

I am so ready for vacation. I have the camper packed and ready to go. Jeff has to check the lights and make sure everything is working right and then off we will go! I am really going to miss my kids and baby Jeffrey. And I am really going to miss my dog too! I wish I could take him, but last year he was just a pain in the butt.

I have to go get some sleep. I have to go get my port flushed in the morning and I am not looking forward to it. It’s not that big of a deal it just creeps me out. I will be so happy to get it taken out.

OH I forgot something….My surgeon wants me to have a colonoscopy when thebiopsy ordeal is over!! OH GOD! What next! I have to say I walked out of his office with my butt cheeks clenched together! Not looking forward to that AT ALL!

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL..on the clenching of the butt cheeks...Will be praying for you!!  Enjoy your vacation and have a good time!  Big hugs!  TerryAnn
Anonymous said…
You enjoy your vacation..put everything out of your mind and relax..you deserve it!!
Lyn
Anonymous said…
Go on your vacation and relax don't think about anything.
We had a great time on our vacation the girls had a blast.
We love you trish and we think of you all the time
Your cousin in nj
Linda, Tony, Ashley & Gina
Anonymous said…
Yeah, mine wants me to have the dreaded colonoscopy too. grrrr
Wish they could have gotten to you before vacation...but you go enjoy yourself girl...don't even think about it for that time, just relax & have fun!!!! WOO HOO!
Hugs & prayers,
Sugar
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/

Anonymous said…
Leave all your worries home and enjoy your vacation.  Hope you have a grand time.

       Julie
Anonymous said…
My mom had breat cancer and she has to have the colonoscopy every year now.  They just want to make sure no breast cancer cells traveled down in that area.  Have a great vacation.
Missie
Anonymous said…
You know...I do not blame you one bit...GO ON YOUR VACTION AND HAVE A BALL!
Love ya,
carlene
Anonymous said…
Go and have a wonderful time with Jeff and don't allow yourself to think about any of the tests, etc. you have to have done when you get back.  We all have moments where we just need "our" time and "I'll deal with it when I get back" back.  Arlene (AJ)
Anonymous said…
You poor thing.  It's just one thing or another with you!  My mom and I are both wishing you well. She just informed me how unplesent a colonosopy is so I'm clentching now too! YIKES!  -Dawn-
Anonymous said…
Trish.. you're right!  Don't go on vacation and think about anything negative!  Just have a good time!  I forget when  you said you are leaving.. for all I know you are already gone! lol   At any rate, hope you have a wonderful time!!

You know my prayers are always with you!

Love and hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said…
You need this vacation, have a reat time.   Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Dawn    
Anonymous said…
Just got have fun. Geez all that crap will be there when you get back. Enjoy your family and relax for a minute.
Take care, Chrissie

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am