Skip to main content

No more port!

A lot has gone on. Mom has recovered from diverticulitis. She was so sick. I was so worried. She would get better and then BAM, she would get sick again. She had a long hospital stay but I am glad to say that she is doing so much better.

I had my port removed on Wednesday. I am so happy to have it gone. It’s not that has bothered me but it was just there and it was a nuisance. I had to have it flushed every four weeks and it would ache sometimes. So I am just glad it’s gone. I also had to have a colonoscopy the same day. OMG if you ever had one I don’t even have to explain about the day before and the miserable “prep” as they call it. I had to drink the magic potion at 2:00. After I choked it down I was sitting there thinking. Hmm, maybe the misery everyone talks about won’t be so bad for me, I mean I hardly ate anything yesterday and I haven’t been on anything but liquids since I woke up this morning, Everything was going good for about 40 minutes. Then my sister called and I got up from the computer to answer the phone and it hit me. Sue said, “hi how’s it going” and I said…”good, OH NO, I GOTTA GO!!!!!” and it was downhill from there. I spent the next 4 hours running back and forth from the living room to the bathroom. Sometimes I wouldn’t even make it three steps out of the bathroom and I would have to turn around and go back again. If you have ever eaten a red hot chili pepper and know how bad it burns your mouth, just imagine what it would feel like if you sat on one! Well that’s what I felt like! It was miserable! Then 6:00 came and I had to drink the rest of the potion. I took one drink and had to gag it back into the toilet. I mean I have been through a lot in the last year but this topped it all. I just could not bring myself to drink the rest of it. Megan was cheering me on, but I just couldn’t do it. I did choke some down but I decided I had enough and poured the rest down the drain…….poor drain…lol.

Ok so I was clean as a whistle and ready for my colonoscopy. It went good and I wasn’t nervous at all. I just wanted it over with. I was so chatty with the nurse my mouth got dry from talking. My mom and Sue came with me and then Steve showed up with breakfast for them. I just remember being in the operating room and they were discussing which way the wanted my head, and they turned me twice and then I finally said…”Just put me out and I don’t care what way you put me, you can flip me around any way you want to.”

Then they started putting something in my IV and I said. Oh is that the stuff, and then I said..my ears sound funny then I woke up in the recovery room and felt where my port used to be and thought…OK I must be done, my port is gone. It has been an easy recovery. I was really sore the first 2 days, and now I am just a little sore. Oh, I did have 2 polyps removed that they found, and I had to have a biopsy of an area that was inflamed. They said I may have colitis. I still haven’t heard anything about that yet.

We had a after marriage party for Bonnie and Jeff at Pam’s house Saturday.

I really wanted to have a small reception for them, but Bonnie had family coming in from California and North Carolina so we had a small family and a few of their friends come over for a gathering at Pam and Mikes house. It turned out really nice. Jeff’s friends dad came and set up karaoke and I have to say, we had so much fun with it. Jeff was so funny. He makes me laugh. He was the life of the party as usual.

It was very casual. We had Pizza and beer and little ham and turkey roll up sandwiches and a variety of salads. I also bought a cute little wedding cake. We had a lot of fun! I still wish we could have thrown a nice reception for them and invited all my family and friends but they are truly happy with the party they had.

Baby Jeffrey is getting to be so much fun. He loves to smile! I love him so much. He makes me smile!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing your pictures.  I'm glad your doing well.
Missie
Anonymous said…
Trish, your hair looks great.  We have the same hair cut!!!  I also have a similar color too.  How cool.  Sorry, about the stuff but at least Megan played cheerleader for you!  How nice and the baby is getting so big.  You should see Collin he's sitting up, talking and he should be standing soon.  I have some pictures of him in my journal!  :) -Dawn-
Anonymous said…
Loved the pic of you!
Congrats on getting the port out.  :)
I have to schedule a colonoscopy soon too, I just keep putting it off, but need to do it before snow & ice get here.
Have a good week.
Sugar
Anonymous said…
I swear you have the most beautiful family, Trish!  And YOU!  You are just glowing with health and you look wonderful!!  I am so glad that things are going well for you!  God has answered our prayers, hasn't he?  
Loved the pictures!  Thanks for sharing them!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said…
It looks like you all had a great time!  I would have enjoyed a party like that too - better than a stuffy reception.  Your kids look just like you - even the baby does too!  He's so cute.  And I love your hair.  It looks good short.  I envy how thick it is.  I'm glad you are done with the colonoscopy.  It sounds like a terrible flu.  Good thing they put you to sleep.  Ahhhh.  Nice to get the port out.  Normalcy is being restored little by little.
Take care,

Stephanie
Anonymous said…
I,m so glad your mums better. Your family are all so nice. And your hair! I love it, I've had mine like that for years but thought I'd grow it a bit, cya in 5 weeks. All of you, I can't wait. Love Jacqui NZ
Anonymous said…
ps, I need more photos of you. How come theres heaps of everyone but you, start loading 'em on baby. Cos I aint seen ya for 32 years. Oh and when I lived in America it was 3 years. chow
Anonymous said…
I have to have a colonoscopy on the 17th of October, now I am really nervous about it!!  The prep sounds horrilbe.  I am glad to hear that things are going so well for you .  Linda
Anonymous said…
You look great Trish!  Glowing and healthy.  I'm so glad your Mom is better.  That diverticulitis can be terrible.  BTDT.  I'm glad you're able to get out and do things now.  I enjoyed the pics.  Lil Jeffrey is gorgeous.  Hubby had his port taken out a few months ago.  He was sore about a week afterward.  He was so glad to get it out.  Take care and enjoy life.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success
Anonymous said…
Trish...you look sooo beautiful!
Love all of the pics...glad your mom is doing much better...
lil' Jeffrey is just adorable...glad the party for Jeff and Bonnie went well... sounds about like our wedding reception...good food...and family...thats all we needed =)

Hugs,
Terri
Anonymous said…
Hey Trish,  Your looking good girl.  And good things are coming your way.  Mom's doing better , a new baby. colonoscopys is over, port is gone, and you have another daughter.   Have fun and enjoy baby Jeffrey.         Dawn


Anonymous said…
Hi Trish, I am Terri's (chevyz71gurl74) Mom. I have been reading your journal for quite some time and have shed tears for you and with you and said many prayers for you and your family. First I would like to thank you for the prayers for my brother, we are breathing a sigh of relief after he was told it is NOT lung cancer.
I saw your comment on Terri's journal today and want you to know that being a part of Paint The Town Pink has been a great honor for me to be able to show my support for All families who's lives have been touched by cancer. It has been quite emotional for me to say the least. In decorating the tire shop I not only dedicated it to my lil sis Judy it was a tribute to others as well...Trish it was also done in memory of your sister and in support of you as well. There are others who's lives have touched mine in jland because of breast cancer and I did it for them also. I know there are many others out there in jland that have been affected by breast cancer I have not yet crossed paths with them and there will be many more I'm sure. In honor of you all I hope I have accomplished what I set out to do as it was hard to find pink in the area I live in and I had to use my imagination and make my own things. Terri should have pics in her journal soon.
Hugs
Debbie
Anonymous said…
Trish ~ Thank you for the comments!  I love it!  I am trying so hard to keep up with all the journals, besides mine!  Forgive me!  There's no questions who your daughter "belongs" to Trish!!  She is the spitting image of you!  Just gorgeous!  And your hair looks great!  Mine is a totally different texture since chemo...but I have it so I cannot complain.  I am keeping you in my prayers and your Mom too.  Enjoy that grand baby, Trish!!!! With Love, Hugs, Laughter and Prayers ~ Irene
Anonymous said…
Just thinking about ya...wanted to stop by and see if I had missed an entry , due to AOL alerts lacking lately... Hope all is well with you....

Hugs,
Terri

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am