Monday, March 10, 2008

Time to vent!!

OK time to vent! The refrigerator repair man just left and the news is not good. This is the third time my fridge has broken, Last time it broke was only about 8 months ago and this time it is the exact same thing!  It’s the motherboard!  Who knew refrigerators had motherboards in them anyway. Why can’t they just make things like they used to? They ran just fine without all that computer stuff in them before.  It is going to cost another $200.00 to get fixed. I think we are going to just go buy a new fridge. This one is only 4 years old. I am just sick over this. I am writing to GE to complain about this. I did some research and some of the GE motherboards are recalled but not mine. There has to be something going on that causes it to blow. The sad thing is I know I can call and complain all I want but they aren’t going to do anything. I already went through this with them last time it broke.

OK vent over…….

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i can relate to what you are saying I had a new ge microwaveover the range. it worked maybe three months out of the 4 years I had it same part going out on it all the time. I gave up on GE  good luck with the refrgerator Hugs Barb

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with my fridge and it's a Maytag!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Only 4 years old!  Wow!  How frustrating.  Something that new should last for another 30 years.  Refrigerators with motherboards.  Hmmmm.  Maybe you should get a cheapy model.  LOL!  Well, good luck with the fridge.  It's kinda something you gotta have.  :-(
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

That stinks!

I hate when something still "new" in my eyes breaks...it's just nuts that having it repaired would cost so much!!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

They don't make things like they used to...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Oh,  Thay stinks.  Only 4 yeats old and been repaired before.  It doesn't seem right that can't be replaced by GE for free.  Hang in there girl.      Dawn