Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting ready for Thanksgiving.



I have some good news about my sister Sue. She had the MRI on her brain and the doctor called today and told her it is a benign cyst and that they will check it again in 6 months. Thank god! I was really scared that it was going to be something bad. Thanks for all the prayers for my sister.

I have been getting ready for Thanksgiving. I realized I forgot a few things so off to the store I went. It was a madhouse! People standing over the frozen turkey bin trying to figure out what size bird they wanted. There were a lot of men on cell phones with confused looks on their faces. The funniest thing I saw was two guys looking at spices with blank looks on their faces. One if the guys asked his friend what they were supposed to use on the turkey and he said he was looking it up on google. Who knew there would be a day you could google from your phone in the grocery store. I was going to step in and help but who knows better than google right? lol

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I am making cherry pie, pumpkin pie, carrot cake, and I am going to prepare all of the setup for Thanksgiving morning. I am looking forward to cooking for my family this year.

I am going shopping on Friday with my sisters my mom and Megan. We do it every year and we have a really good time. We will all meet at about 4:30 a.m. and keep going until about noon then we have lunch and go home and crash out! My sister sue made shirts for us this year. They are so cool. The front says Black Friday Mall Rat shop til you drop and the back says...If you can read this I beat you to the deals! I can see us all with our shirts on now. It is going to be funny. I never miss it even when I was going through chemo I dragged my sorry butt out the door and went. I can still remember writing in my journal about it. I was bald at the time and Jeffrey said he couldn't find me at the mall and it was like playing Where's Baldo...lol

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great time with your families.
Save room for dessert!!!!!

Thank you Sugar for the beautiful Thanksgiving graphic.

9 comments:

Linda said...

I love carrot cake! I am so happy to hear that everything is ok with your sister. I go out shopping on black friday too, love the idea of the shirts! Linda

Sugar said...

Your family has something to truely be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
So happy about Sue!!!!
Have a nice Thanksgiving!Huggies...

Terri said...

Wonderful news about Sue!!!

I have went shopping on black friday twice...i can't say I won't do it again...but I was a basketcase by the time i got home dealing with all the rude people...haha The shirts are too cute...take your camera along and get a pic of all you girls in your shirts...I would love to see :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Love & Hugs
Terri

Stephanie said...

love this post! I smiled all through it and laughed out loud (for real) twice. I'm so glad your sister is okay. What a relief! The grocery store story is hilarious. I love helping those poor confused men. The t-shirts sound cute. Have fun shopping!! And have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Debbie said...

Trish that's wonderful news about your sister. I know all of you must have been so worried.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Oh, and save me a piece of carrot cake, my mouth is watering just thinking about it, lol.
Hugs
Debbie

Missie said...

That is good news about your sister. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

kelly said...

I am so glad to hear that the MRI came back negative...make sure she stays on top of things with the follow up... Hope everything is well with you.. haven't seen a posting from you in awhile... Hope your Holidays are filled with love, laughter and joy...
Kelly~

kelly said...

just wondering if everything is ok? Haven't heard from you in awhile... thinking of you..
Kelly~

CINDY said...

hope your thanksgiving and christmas was a good one and your new year even better. have to get another mammogram, doctor says need clearer pics of left breast to see if spot is a tumor or cyst. I made an entry about it. (((hugs)))
Love,
Cindy