Skip to main content

Sunburns and tattoo's.

I’ve had 26 radiation zaps already! I can’t believe how fast this is going. I am getting a little crispy and it is really getting sore but I can handle it. You can see just where they are doing the radiation. It is like a bad sunburn that goes under my arm at where the lymph nodes were removed and goes across and under my breast. I have 3 more regular radiations and then I am getting 8 boosts. This is where they concentrate just on the spot where I had the lumpectomy. I was set up for that on Tuesday. The doctor came in and made all these dots all over me and then one of the guys that does my radiation came along and played follow the dots with permanent marker. So now I have a big black circle on my boob. It has to stay there for the rest of treatment. They touch it up everyday, plus he put something on it to make it more permanent. I start at the new place on Tuesday and I am going to miss the guys that do my radiation. I see them everyday! They have become a part of my life! They are so nice. And of course they know my life story because I’m chatty like that…hee hee. It is so funny we talk about how the weekend was, what they did, what I did, and all this while I am laying there with my boob hanging out. lol. My body is finally starting to get back to normal as far as stiffness goes. I can move a lot better now. I am still dealing with fatigue I am so exhausted all day and when I try to nap I can’t get to sleep! It is so frustrating. My stomach was nauseated for 4 days now and I finally decided it was all the pain medication I have been taking. The doctor has me on it 3 times a day to manage the pain in my arm and my legs and it is working on the pain but I am so sick to my stomach. Iccckkkk.

Guess what?  While I was at radiation getting marked up with permanent marker, Megan was with her friend getting a tattoo! She is 18 now so she didn’t have me there to do anything about it. Guess what she got? A breast cancer ribbon with a butterfly on it. She designed it herself and took the picture up to the...oh lord...ta..ta..ta..tattoo parlor. Do they still call it that? It is on her lower back and it is tiny but her dad is NOT happy…he won’t even look at it. She said, "mom I did it for you!” I have to say it is cute and I know this was her way of showing me how much she cared. But she is still a baby in my eyes..now she is has a tattoo to go along with her belly button ring, her dad may not recover from this. 

                                       

                                 Megan's tattoo. The little stinker!

Jeff and Bonnie put the crib put together and it is so cute. She has exactly 1 month until she is due! She has to go to the doctor 2 times a week for non stress tests. She goes to a high risk doctor and they are taking really good care of her. They did a 3D ultra sound the other day and you can see what the baby looks like! I came home and got out Jeffrey’s baby pictures and I swear it looks just like him as a newborn. How weird that they can do that. My ultra sounds were a fuzzy mess!

This weekend is the Relay for Life. It starts Saturday morning at 10:00 at Heritage Park in Taylor. I was told that they would like for me to help carry the banner this year for the survivor lap. I told Jeff and he said…“oh no..I’m gonna have to wear my sunglasses.” He is so emotional about this. I know it will be hard on my family too. I hope the weather is nice. The weatherman doesn’t seem to think it will be, but rain or shine we will be there! Everyone is invited to come and hang out with us.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dads never get over their baby girls growing up and yikes....ending up at a tattoo parlour! lol  Jim was none to please when his wife (that will be me) ended up at a tattoo parlour while the guys were out of town on a fishing trip later in the 1990's...I love my shamrock on me arse...he still ignores it! lol  But I do plan on doing a pink and purple butterfly on my right front hip when this is all over.......to symbolize so many things during this cacoon part of my life only to emerge a strong and colorful butterfly!

Rads burnt the chit out of my forehead........feel and look like I got beat with a hockey stick........lol....they said how every many weeks of rads you had is how long till your skin gets back to normal....a lil neosporan is helping the burn effect for me..and at least now the skin is peeling soon to fade I hope! lol

XOXOX
K.
Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry you to go through all this, you have a wonderful attitude. Now the tattoo is very nice, I remember when my daughter came home with one. It was a small butterfly on her shoulder. I was like. Why. LOL. It is cute but I never wanted a one and never liked them. She has gotten one more. A vine on her foot to her ankle. They are all very nice and she wants 2 more. Oh boy, lol.

Anonymous said…
I love her tattoo!  
Missie
Anonymous said…
Oh, I'm so glad that the end is in sight!  Yipee!  I've had quite a few sunburns in my time - being fairskinned and all.  I'm sure they have you loaded up with all the nice aloe and cocoa butter type lotions and whatever the newest greatest thing that is out.  Not exactly a tan you can show off at the beach though, eh?  You only have to be 18 to get a tattoo??  That's so young!  Tell her about henna, it's long lasting but not permanent!  Of course, now you have to go out and get a matching tattoo, you know.  LOL!  Oh, I've read that tattoo ink ends up in lymph nodes - not that it causes cancer, but I guess it can make lymph nodes *look* bad - well I read that on the 'net, so take it for what it's worth.  I hope all goes well with the baby - so soon!
Take care,  Stephanie
Anonymous said…
Trish... I think the tattoo your daughter got (and where she had it placed) was very sweet of her.  My entry was basically about people who have tattoos ALL over their bodies, to the point where they could go without clothes and no one would notice! lol

I'm so glad the end is in sight, as far as your radiation therapy goes!  You are such a trooper! :)

I don't blame your hubby for saying he will have to wear sunglasses to hide the tears.. I would have to wear them, too.. if I were there, watching you carry that banner!  You are carrying it for all the women, past and present,  cured and not cured... who have had to deal with this dreadful disease!!

Walk on, my friend!  Walk on!!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said…
I love her tattoo!  For some reason I was thinking the relay for life was last weekend.
Hugs to you,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success
Anonymous said…
I love her tattoo!  For some reason I was thinking the relay for life was last weekend.
Hugs to you,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success
Anonymous said…
So glad you are almost done...that tat rocks...hope you have a good rest of the week and will be praying for ya!!! Hugs,TerryAnn
Anonymous said…
Awwww i love the tattoo..... wow 8 months have passed so quickly. My dil gave birth to a 9lb 3oz girl last Thursday.
Good luck
hugs
Jayne
Anonymous said…
Have the doctors given u anything to put on the burn? Or do they suggest not, ask them about putting aloe vera , the real plant extract, see what they think. We haave a really big plant in the garden and if ya come home from the beach you just break a piece off and rub it on, it's instant relief. Oh and Na, people don't call em Tattooes, they're  called Body Art now, don't u think that sounds way more tasteful , tell Jeff that!  Dad didn't want to see my tattoo, but eventually curiosity got the better of him and he said, "yea, its ok" that was special too, cos its a ring of flowers round my ankle and the two hearts that dangle on the ankle bone are mine and mums, "our hearts will stay linked together forever! Anyways chow for now take care. I rang ya a few days ago , you werent home.
chow, Jacqui
Anonymous said…
What an inspiring story, you are someone to be admired. I think her tattoo is absolutely lovely and so very sweet.

Brandi
Anonymous said…
You are blessed to have such a daughter.           Hang strong girl.        Dawn
Anonymous said…
Good on the relay and I like Meg's tat.  I would get inked myself but I'm a pain wuss.  So do you know if you're  getting a grandson or granddaughter to spoil?
-Dawn-

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am