Skip to main content

News Worth Crawling Off the Couch For!

I have news!! Big News! I am going to be a grandma! My son and his girlfriend are expecting! I knew for a while now but didn’t want to post it because we were still waiting for the details from her ultra sound. She went today and we found out that she is due July 1 and they are having a BOY!!!! We are all very excited. This will be such a happy event for our family, especially after going through so much the last six months. Me, a grandma!!! Hee hee.

I had my last chemo on Monday. What a celebration we had. My mom, sisters, daughter Megan and my sister in law Annie all went with me. We talked and laughed through it all. When I was done the nurses came in and gave me a certificate that they all signed with their best wishes. Then off we went to Olive Garden. When we got there Pam told the waitress that we were celebrating that I was done with chemotherapy and asked if they would bring a cake out when we were done with lunch. I was so hungry and started wondering where the breadsticks and salad were and Pam said… “they are probably back there writing a end of chemotherapy song.” hee hee If you have ever been in that situation for a birthday, you know you just want to crawl under your chair when they all come in clapping and singing….Well, I wanted to stand on my chair! I was so proud and ready to celebrate. We all had so much fun I love my family!

Later that night I went to bingo with my mom and Annie. I promised my mom I would and I am glad I went. Even though I didn’t win I still had a great time. Bingo has gone high tech. They have a machine you play now and you don’t even have to cover your cards! It does it for you. My mom got one for Annie and one for me. We had the ones you dab too. Bingo is expensive! I’m not much of a gambler but I might go again when I feel good.

I am feeling pretty crappy now. It came early this time. Usually I had until about Wednesday but by Tuesday I was not feeling good at all. And I pulled a muscle in my back so I have to deal with that too.

While I am laying there feeling terrible I just say to myself…this is it, you don’t have to do this anymore so just get through it! I say in about 3 weeks I may start to feel a little normal again! YAY!!

I posted some pictures of our celebration. All I can say is good riddance chemo! It HASN’T been fun!!! But I did it!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Woo-hoo!  Happy Dancing for you!!  You did it!!  You are done with chemo!  You are woman, hear you ROAR!!  Okay, so maybe you're mewling right now, but you'll be roaring soon!  And a great big congratulations!  You are much too young to be a grandma, but it's wonderful news and I know you are excited.  Glad to hear you had some good fun before the yuck came.  Hope you feel better soon!
Take care,  Stephanie
Anonymous said…
wow!
i am so happy for you!!
Lyn


Anonymous said…
{{{{{{{Trish}}}}}}}}  BIG BIG hugs!!!  I am so glad that you are through with all that chemo!! What a relief, huh?  You got through it, and still look as beautiful as ever! :)  I can't wait to see how your hair grows out!  it usually comes back in completely different than it was before you lost it.  Mine came back in curly.. and it was a straight as a poker before!

Congratulations to you, and I'm glad you had a good time celebrating with  your family at Olive Garden!  Yumm!  You couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate at!

Stay healthy.. and keep us informed! :)

Hugs and love
Jackie

Anonymous said…
 Yah, your done.  And you and your daughter looked lovely.  Great news on becoming a gramma.  I love being a gramma.  Take care

              Julie
Anonymous said…
Awwww Congrats How exciting your gonna be a grandma!!!
Love the pics..thanks for sharing....
No more chemo <<<Doin the happy dance with ya>>>
You have been a real trooper throughout the whole thing Trish....you will be feeling like yourself again in no time =)
Big Hugs,
Terri
Anonymous said…
A grandbaby? I'm so jealous I could just spit!!!! That's it I'm calling my daughter and my SIL and putting an order in for a grandbaby too!!! Congrats on everything Trish!!!!
Anonymous said…
Yes Tish you sure did make it, the Olive Garden outing was just the start of wonderful things for you dear....enjoy every moment and congrats on becoming a grandma....how wonderful you'll have another little darling to love soon. Arlene (AJ)
Anonymous said…
Hi Trish. I am so glad you are feeling better, and even more happy you had your last chemo. Hip Hip Hoorah! I cant wait for my last one, tho it will be quite awhile for me. I just had number 12 of 15 last Monday, but this coming Monday will most likely be cancelled, thats the way its been going, 2 on, next one off, because of low wbc. Then I have to start Taxol and Herceptin. So I got a little while more to go but I am right behind you. I always knew you had the strength and positive attitude to get through this, even tho there were low spots. But now the rest of your life is just beginning and may it be filled with only good health and good times. Congrats on being a grandma, its going to be fun spoiling him/her. As far as your weight goes, you look fabulous, so dont worry about it. I wish I was as thin as you. Even with losing almost 20 lbs, I will probably gain it back once I am done with chemo. Anyway, again, congratulations, and God Bless You, always, Barbara
Anonymous said…
Well i just popped over from Kim's journal.......sorry i missed your last Chemo........but GREAT news on the grandma front.

Congratulations to all

Just looked at your pics you had posted.....the one of you and your daughter is beautiful......you dont look old enough  :o)

Take Care
hugs Jayne

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am