Thursday, January 31, 2008

Update on my mom.

My mom is still in the hospital. As I write this they are doing a barium test to see what the heck is going on. She started to get better and they took the tube out of her nose and they started her on a liquid diet and then eased her into a soft diet. Well last night right before we left she started getting sick again. Something is just not right. The doctor said they are doing this test and if she is not better they will most likely do surgery. She is really upset because with this surgery you usually have to have a colostomy bag for a few months to prevent infection. I told her we will deal with it if it happens and not to get all worked up over it. She is just miserable.

Just wanted to update everyone on my mom. Jeff just got home from work so we are heading up there right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping your mom in prayer!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Trish will keep your Mom in my special thoughts and prayers.  The most important thing is her getting better, everything else can be dealt with after surgery if she needs to have it done....getting well comes first.  Glad you will be with her. Will bring her comfort knowing you're there.  Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

Keeping your mom in my prayers...my SIL had to have a colostomy bag for a few months ...hoping all goes well...please keep us updated.

Hugs
Terri