Skip to main content

Chemo 3 down

Another Chemo down and I feel like total crap. I came home and slept for 5 hours and have been whiney since I woke up. I just hate being down and out like this. I hate that I am drinking so much water I could float away, I hate that I have to pee every 2 minutes, and I hate that my head keeps getting really sweaty and then cold. And I hate that the acid reflux is soon to come and will not leave for at least a week. I will quit whining now .

This chemo went good but I was there 4 hours. My mom took me and I didn’t sleep as much as I usually do. I had to get up and drag my I.V. to the bathroom 4 times! I just remembered something funny from the last chemo, my sister Sue and my mom were there and I fell asleep, I woke up at one point and made a statement to them saying….”You can’t go camping if you don’t know how to spell it, it is spelled with a K not a C!” Then I fell back asleep. They are still laughing at me about that one. I guess I can’t spell in my sleep. Another time I woke up and looked at them and they were both crying watching me….I went OH GOD!!! And they started cracking up. They were so busted!!! It’s ok I know if it were one of them I would have been crying too.

I had a good weekend. Cleaned up the yard with Jeff and helped the best I could. It was nice out so it was good to get some fresh air. I also went into super women mode and cleaned and made some chicken enchiladas to have in the refrigerator for the family on chemo day. Jeffrey just got done cooking them, I can smell them and I can honestly say I want to puke!! It is one the favorite things I make for the kids. They love that and homemade chicken pot pie (which I was going to make too but the potatoes were bad!) I also made some chocolate chip cookies. The great part about cooking…nobody can blame me for hair in the food!!!

Right now my husband is in the back ground scooping up the enchiladas singing “who do you love”, and saying “your my girlfriend, you’re a cutie patootie.” He’s too funny.

Everyone in the family seems to get a big kick out of my bald head. I am sooooo bald!! Jeffrey keeps saying, “Look at you mom.” Jeff and Megan always have something to say when they see me with my cap off. I must say, it has made showering easier. Although I do have a complaint!!!!! Why is my head so bald but I still have to shave my legs! That is just a cruel joke.

Do you know my family went without shampoo for 3 days and didn’t say anything. I finally had to figure it out for myself when I found the empty bottle in the shower. .I went to the store 3 times before I finally remembered to pick some up. I told the lady that it is hard to remember to buy shampoo when you don’t have hair!

I got the cutest Breast Cancer Bear from my God Child and niece Candyce! It was from Macy’s. She went there with her friend to buy herself something and came out with something for me instead. How sweet is that. She is such a beautiful caring girl. I also got a big cute cuddly lamb from my cousins Ken and Carol Harrison. It has little tags to read when you need a lift or inspiration. I have all the stuffed animals on my chair up in my bedroom and my husband came in the other day and said….”oh look we paid $600.00 for a chair for the animals”…too funny! He cracks me up. I love all my animals and yes I do sleep with one a night, because Jeff steals the dog all the time and I need something to cuddle. Hee hee

In fact I am going up to my room to cuddle right now! Your never too old to cuddle!

Thank you to everyone who has sent a card. It's really nice. I enjoy reading them and have been through them many times. There are so many prayers and wishes for me and it really is helping me get through this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
((Trish))
I'm so sorry you feel so bad. You can whine all you want. I hate when you have to pee every time you turn around. That's funny about the spelling and crying episodes. Glad you had a good weekend. What a good wife and mom you are to plan ahead meals for when you have treatments. Now that is cruel you'd think that stuff could knock out the leg hair too. That is funny about the shampoo why didn't anybody say anything. How sweet to have gotten all that stuff. Good planning on the chair.. it's being used for important things now. Many good wishes for you to make it through this and a speedy recovery.
Take care, Chrissie
Anonymous said…
You have every right to whine, Trish!  Chemo is not fun.  I remember dragging my IV pole with me to the bathroom too.  I started joking and calling him my "stalker" because he followed me everywhere I went.  That's good that you can sleep during your chemo.  Mine was 4 hrs long too, but I could not sleep.  I was too busy talking to everyone, trying to take my mind off the stuff that was going in my arm.  
I hope you feel the yukky part of it all doesn't last too long!

Hang in their girl..

Hugs and Prayers,

Jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/


Anonymous said…
Trish, sorry you are'nt feeling well, hope you feel better tommorow, Hugs Lisa
Anonymous said…
I so wish I could reach right through and give you a big hug!  My prayers are with you all!  TerryAnn
Anonymous said…
Whine away, I would be doing that and more.  A little whine goes good with my frequent urge to pee.  Hope you feel better soon.  Keep knocking off those chemo treatments and they will be done soon. When your feeling better post your pot pie recipe.

                  Julie
Anonymous said…
I am glad to hear tha tyou are feeling well.  Linda
Anonymous said…
You can whine all you want Trish!  I'm amazed by your great attitude going through this.  That's so funny about the shampoo and having to shave your legs when you're bald.  My brother's name is Jeffrey, his son is Jeff (Jaybird), and he has a step-sister, Maegan.  I have a BIL Jeff too so we call them different names to keep them straight.  Hope you feel better!
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess
Anonymous said…
Just had my last A/C (chemo cocktail yahoooo) Next time it's Taxol....I have to tell you that I feel the load is a lil lighter now knowing that I am half way done...I'll let you know how the taxol goes and tell ya the "BIG" difference...that should help you get through the last A/C.
Anonymous said…
Trish, Thank you so much for talking to Susie and I tonite and sharing your story and journal.  I am sorry that your family has had to deal with this again, and that you are going through this now, but you sound strong, and you look beautiful without the wig!  I am sure we will all talk again. Best wishes for your continued recovery.
All our love,
Janeen and Susie
http://susiekjellberg.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Hugs )))))))))))))))))))))))

I loved the episode when you were sleeping and woke up......lol i would have cracked up too

hugs
Jayne

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am