Skip to main content

Good Weekend, and the Relay for Life

I went to my family doctor Monday for a follow up from the hospital. She has treated my asthma for years so she knows all about my lung issues. I still have some wheezing so she put me on some other asthma meds. I also told her about the hot flashes I have all night long and she suggested eating soy products. She said that it really helps some people. I am ready to try anything..bring on the tofu!

Friday I went to the show with my sister. I called her earlier that day and said…”I have to get out of the house and do something.” We had a really good time. We ended up meeting my family at a bar for a late dinner afterward. It was nice to get out and do something.

Saturday I woke up feeling good too. I went to my nephew’s basketball game and then I had to go buy Megan some drawing paper so I visited my mom were she works at JoAnn’s. Then from there I went to Target and walked around for about 2 hours. I bought popcorn and a pop and just wandered around the store. I ended up in the baby section and bought something for the baby. I bought a shirt that says What happens at Grandma’s stays at Grandma’s! And some little booties to go with it. I spent about half an hour in the trail mix section. I really don’t eat the stuff, but I was fascinated by how many different kinds of mix there is! I ended up buying something covered in chocolate, and some honey crunch nuts. When I got out to the car, I sat there for 10 minutes eating trail mix. Not a care in the world. By the time I got home, I was exhausted but I really needed to get out.

Sunday I went out to breakfast with my family, then Jeff took me to the grocery store. So I have been doing ok, I just lose my energy really fast. I am still not supposed to be around people that are sick. That is kind of impossible right now since everyone I know is sick. I was paranoid to touch the shopping carts. I think I will carry some antibacterial wipes in my purse.

I have had a headache for 2 days now. Nothing I take helps but I will take a headache over the chemo misery any day!! I think I just over did it on the weekend. When I feel good I try do too much. And then I just hit the wall.

Below is the link to my Relay for Life page. If i can get it to work...(There is also one to the side of my main journal page) I am in charge of getting all the entertainment and I am starting to plan. I still have to confirm a couple bands, call some clowns and make sure all the special laps are in place. It is so much fun. I am hoping some of you can make it out to visit our booth. My mom is making her famous mostacholi. That is what we sell at our booth to raise money and last year it went over really good. We still need people to join our team! We would love more team members. If you live nearby please come and hang out with us for a while and walk a couple laps. Honestly, this is just something you have to experience to know what I am talking about. I got involved 5 years ago and have been involved since then.

http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=206040&lis=1&kntae206040=E10838D84FB54128B366AD8931F6C6BD&supId=157296771

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hope your headache goes away soon...glad you had a good week!  keeping you in my prayers!  Hugs,TerryAnn
Anonymous said…
Every new day now brings new joy.....I say to myself, "Cancer, you can't take today from me, it's mine..all mine!" It might have taken my breast, but it isn't getting "TODAY" from me. Life is good Trish, life is good!

XOXO

K.

Anonymous said…
Glad you had a good week.  Headaches are terrible, hope yours goes away soon.


                           Julie
Anonymous said…
Hey Trish!
Glad to see you getting out and about...
I went to Target over the weekend...I love that
place...i could look and look forever!
Hugs,
Terri
Anonymous said…
Was just told about your journal by Barbara.
Hope you visit me if you haven't already.
And hope you let me know if you'd like a tag to be linked (look at my side bar) & linked to many others in J-Land with cancer.
We are all fighting together, supporting each other!
Seems I may have been here before, your pic looks familiar????? Have had sooo much on my mind lately.
Praying for you.
Sugar
Anonymous said…
Hey, tofu's not that bad!  I have a couple of recipes I could share with you, if you want.  Plus, I like to get what's called "Ma Po Tofu" at Chinese restaurants.  It's a little bit of ground pork with soft tofu squares and lots of flavorful sauce, a little spicey.  Great with rice.

I don't know how you are organizing this entertainment!  You go girl!  Sounds like fun.  Wish I could visit to taste your moms cooking.
Take care, Stephanie
Anonymous said…
Trish, I am so glad you are starting to feel better!  I hope things are looking up for you FOR GOOD!  You certainly deserve it!  You have been such a trooper through this whole thing.  I am done with chemo but will be on herceptin until December and I will start rads on 4/2.  Maybe we will be April rad-sisters!  But you need to get your strength back before you go there.  Don't overdo, and hang in there!
Big hugs, Kristin
Anonymous said…
Trish ~ I am glad you are feeling a little better and having good days!  Thinking about you and praying for you!

With hugs,
Irene

http://journals.aol.com/alwaysireneann/meet-me-at-the-breakfast-table

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am