Skip to main content

Not another lump...

I have been on cloud nine with the baby and being done with treatment. That is until I went to the Oncologist on Tuesday. Everything went good, we talked about the tests I had and how they all came back wonderful, and how I am looking and feeling good. He told me that I wouldn’t have to come back to see him for 3 months and then I would have my tests again. Then he wanted to do a quick exam. He checked all my nodes to make sure there was nothing going on. Poked at my tummy, my neck, under my arm, and then my breasts. He did the left breast that is still sore and burned and raw from radiation and he was very gentle. Then he moved on to my right (the "good" one) and asked me if I have been having any issues with it…..then I told him about the tiny lump I have been feeling very deep near my chest wall. He felt it some more and then said. Yup your right there is something there. Then he sat down with his little pen and started writing stuff down in my file  He looked up and said.. “I am very concerned about this lump”…OH GREAT!!! Way to burst my happy bubble! My mom was with me, and I know she is upset. So now I have a new issue to deal with, not even a week out of final cancer treatment. My celebration has been short lived. I have to go in for a breast MRI and a bilateral mammogram in 3 weeks when my radiation burns heal. I know it’s a long time to wait but I have to heal first. I am at a place right now where I don’t even know what to think or feel. I am really hoping that this turns out to be ok. The thought of going through this again right now nauseates me. I know that I will be living with cancer following me around for the rest of my life, the worrying at every test, but not now! Not so soon! I am so worried.

On a happy note, I am enjoying my little bugaboo baby Jeffrey so much. It is just amazing to me that I am a grandma. Jeff is such a good grandpa too. He comes home from work and washes all the grime off him from the day and goes straight for the baby. We all love him so much. He will not lack for love in his life. Auntie Megan is just in love, Jeffrey’s friend Nick is here all the time to help with him too.

Pam has been coming over and helping me get organized since I haven’t had any organization in my life for 10 months. It is amazing how fast things can go down hill in a house! My basement and laundry room are a mess. Pam is like a cleaning machine. Here she is right now. She just walked in the door! Time to go clean!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a precious little bundle of joy! I know you can hardly keep your hands off him! :)
So sorry to hear your news. GRRRR Makes me angry! I was hoping you were out of the Big C Woods. But then it might be nothing to get all worked up about!!!! Let's wait & see before we start thinking all kinds of negative thoughts. Just be happy for now, & keep me posted.
Sending lots of hugs & prayers your way. Along with many good thoughts! {{ }}
Sugar
Anonymous said…
I am so sorry that another lump was found.
Missie
Anonymous said…
 So sorry they found another lump, hope it turns out to be nothing.
The baby is adorable.

                         Julie
Anonymous said…
Trish,

Keep us posted.  We we pray for you?
Actually I am going to call my brother in law the priest so he can say a special pray for the whole family.

Love you cousin in new jersey
Linda, Anthony, Ashley & Gina
Anonymous said…
Here is to hoping that lump is just some typy of fatty tumor or old scar tissue.....positive thinking my Warrior in PINK!!!

Love ya and smooooch that baby for me will ya please???? lol


K>
Anonymous said…
Trish, you are in my thoughts and prayers dear that when you go in 33 weeks for the MRI, that you hear good news dear....hang in there, enjoy that little one. Bless you...Arlene (AJ)
Anonymous said…
Trish...
I hope and pray that little lump...is nothing...
I'm so sorry to hear this...
Always in my thoughts and prayers...
Know we are here for you always!

Little Jeffrey is a handsome lil' man!!!
Love that face he is making...hehe

Hugs,
Terri
Anonymous said…
(((Trish)))  So sorry to hear about the new lump.  Hopefully, it will be nothing.  I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success
Anonymous said…
You will be in my thoughts and prayers!  I love being a grandma too!  Linda
Anonymous said…
Trish,

My heart and prayers are with you darlin'.  Bless your heart.

Love,
eisus
Anonymous said…
I am constantly checking in on you to see how things are doing and how Megan and Jeff and Bonnie are doing.  Things have been busy but imagine my surprise when I hear that baby Jeffrey has been born!  Congrats Grandma!!!!!

Hang in there, Snoops.  Think positively, pray and love everyone and everything around you.  Know that we are thinking of you and praying right along with you.


XOOXOXO, Susie
Anonymous said…
This lump could be just that...A meaningless lump of nothing...DO not think negative thoughts..only positive..I am praying for you right now as I write...
love,
carlene
Anonymous said…
Awww sweetie.  I know your heart is in your stomach right now.  Good for you pointing it out, I know that took courage. (and you are probably kicking yourself right now)  But, you know that ANY lump they will say is serious, even if it's just a cyst or something.  I really hope it's nothing and will pray for you.  I guess they will test it.  Keep us posted on the results.  And on a positive note, your grandbaby is so darling.  He's got personality!!
Stephanie
Anonymous said…
OMGosh.. I'm lost this link so glad I found it again. I'm under a different name and journal now. So sorry that you need to have more treatments already, but I am glad you found it.
On the better side of live CONGRATS and to think I missed it.. A GRANDSON. I can tell you from personal experience he'll be the ray of sunshine in your life from now on. There are no words to express what it feels like to become a grandparent. It's such a better job than being a parent. You'll see that that little boy is your whole heart outside of your body before long IF you don't already feel that way. God knows what he's doing when he blesses our lives with a small child.
Enjoy and take all the pictures you can because they grow so fast daily. It's just amazing.
Hope you stop by my new journal, I will be back.
Take care, Chrissie
http://journals.aol.com/nay0114/almost-paradise-ii/
Anonymous said…
Oh..so sorry to hear the news of the new lumps..I will be praying for you!!  Glad the baby is bringing you joy...happiness i think helps ones ability to keep fighting..Stay strong and  take care of yourself...Hugs,TerryAnn
Anonymous said…
I am so very sorry to hear about the lump..... i hope and pray that it is not to serious.
hugs
Jayne

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am