Skip to main content

Feeling good and growing hair!

I have been doing really good and I am feeling so energetic! It’s nice to feel good. I know a lot has to do with having baby Jeffrey around to snuggle on whenever I want to. He is just an absolute doll. All he does is  eats, sleeps, and poops at this stage! That’s it! He is starting to have a little more awake time in between feeding and I love holding him and looking into his eyes wondering if he can see me and I keep saying, “I’m Grandma”.

I have been getting the camper ready for our camping trip. I can’t wait to go.  Pam, Mike and my mom, and Sue and Steve are going too. Our campers are all in a row. It is right on Lake Michigan. I am really looking forward to it.

I have Bonnie all set with the bottle routine and things like that. I love making the bottles for her though. I remember when Jeffrey was born I used glass bottles and had a steam sterilizer that I would cram everything into. She is doing the platex drop ins and they are so easy. We just boil some water and put the nipples and caps in and drop in the liner and then were done! That’s it! I had them when Megan was born but they are still a lot easier now the when she was born. The gadgets they have now are unbelievable. I used to have a swing that cranked up and Megan would just fall asleep in it and it would stop swinging so would walk over and star cranking it up again and she would flail around like a fish out of water while I cranked it up and then she would start crying. Now they are battery operated. Just push a button and off they go.

My cousin Debbie is well into her chemotherapy and she seems to be doing good. I saw her last Saturday and her hair fell out and she is wearing the cutest wig. She looks good and say’s she feels good too. I think she has had 2 treatments now. I hope she continues to feel good. I love talking to her. She is so sweet. Chemo is so hard. I just hope it doesn’t get to be too much for her.

My sister Sue’s husbands cousin lost her boy in a hit and run accident the other day. It is just devastating. The guy was drunk. He hit him when he was crossing the street on his bike and then just took off. He left his car in a parking lot and walked home like nothing happened, that is until the police found the car and tracked it to his house. I feel so bad for them. I just can’t imagine what they are going through right now. To lose a child like that must be awful.

I have appointments for my tests to check out that dreaded lump in my right breast. I have a mammogram on Tuesday July 10th, then a MRI on Wednesday the 11th. I am really hoping it is just a cyst. I am trying to live day to day without worrying about it, but trust me it is always in the back of my mind that it could be something again. But how? With all that chemo running through my system how could something grow?

Well I thought it was about time I unveiled the hair. So here it is! Little Jeffrey has as much hair as I do!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Trish! :)  You look great!  I am keeping you in my prayers that all comes out fine when you get your mammo!  Just keep good thoughts, and think positive!! :)

Jeffrey is adorable!  Don't you just love it when they are so small, they just fit in  your arms perfectly!

Keep me updated on whats going on!  Hope you have a great time on your vacation!

Hugs and love
Jackie

Anonymous said…
You look great!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!
You're sounding good & astrong, stay strong even in the weak moments.
Praying for you girlee.
Hugs,
Sugar

http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/
my other journals are listed on my side bar



Anonymous said…
Hi Trish

You look great for what you went through and your grandson is so handsome.
We were thinking about coming out to see you. If you want us to.
Let us know. My husband though about it so you can see ashley & gina before
they get too old lol.

Love ya
your cousin in nj
Linda, Tony, Ashley & Gina
Anonymous said…
Hi Trish ~ I am so glad you are feeling well and able to take a vacation!  Enjoy yourself and take in every single moment!

I am sorry about you husband's cousin.  I lost a baby full term almost 7 years ago.  I have since founded an on line support group for Mommies that have "lost" babies/children due to any circumstance.  If you feel comfortable doing so...will you pass along the link to the support group?

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WithLoveAndAngelFeathers/

or

http://www.withloveandangelfeathers.com/index.htm

I hate for grieving Mom's to think they are alone and there isn't any hope.

As always, praying for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Irene
Anonymous said…
  Trish, you look beautiful with your new hairdo.  Seriously its very becoming.  The baby, adorable.  I love new little babies and they smell so sweet.  Good luck on your cyst.

               Julie
Anonymous said…
I think you look beautiful!!  The baby is adorable.
Missie
Anonymous said…
I love your hair!  It's so thick, and unless you colored it, it didn't come in gray!  It looks good short.  The baby looks like you.  I love the faces he makes.  I'm sorry about the cousin's son - it's especially sad when young ones die.  I hope your mammogram and MRI go well.  I'll be praying for you and checking in here.  YOu can email me if you don't feel like posting results here.  Have a great 4th - stay busy to keep your mind off of things.
Take care, Stephanie
Anonymous said…
Looking good Trish.   Little Jeffrey is so cute.   He's a lucky little guy to have such a loving Grandma as you.  Have a great time camping.  So sorry to hear about the little boy and the accident.  So tragic for his family.  Will say lots of prayers for you dear.  Stay strong.        Dawn
Anonymous said…
Yay for you feeling good enough to go on vacation...and looking great too!!! Be sure you take plenty of pics on your camping trip to share with us okay...hehe =)
Jeffrey is so precious...and tiny!!!  Love the pics....
Hope all goes well with your appt. on the 10th...and the MRI on the 11th.....keeping you in my thoughts and prayers....
Happy 4th of July...a little early...

Big hugs!

Terri
Anonymous said…
Do you see how much your resemble eachother??? He is adorable!!!! I have about 7 hairs on my head.....looking kinda elmer fudish! lol I hope your journey with breast cancer is over my friend! I know what your are going through...as much as I trust my doctors and my treatments...thed= first round let me down and I am having trouble trusting in just faith that this is working for me. what a jounrey we both have been on! And I am so sorry for your DH"s cousin and the loss of their boy....heartbreak for a life time for sure! Smooch that lil one for me!


Love,
Kim
Anonymous said…
Your Baby Jeffrey is just gorgeous! OOh I wanna just snuggle up with him. What a little treasure. Trish , your hair looks fine , I won't be too long and You'll be able to have a cool short style untill u do what u wanna do with it. I hope your holidays are great. Your whole family all deserve it,
Love Jacqui
Anonymous said…
I am so sorry to hear about the boy that lost his life to a hit a run!  My prayers are with you.  Linda
Anonymous said…
Hi, Trish! I know what you're going through and how hard it is sometimes to just get through one day a a time. Keep up the good fight kiddo! You're a beautiful person!
Mike
Anonymous said…
You and Jeffrey are adorable!  I'm so glad to hear you're feeling great.  It's sad to lose a child.  I'll keep the family in prayers.  Keeping you in my prayers about the test results.  Take care and hope you had a Happy 4th.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success
Anonymous said…
Trish~~~~ You look great! Baby Jeffery is soooo cute, I just want to hug him up! Not to much longer and you will be sitting out on Lake Michigan enjoying the sunshine and your family! And remember sit back, relax, and let JEFF take care of everything!! ENJOY!! Love, Annie
Anonymous said…
My nephew has a swing that sets on the floor and you push the buttons and it goes.  I bought it when Austin was a baby and now Col's using it and it's about the easiest thing to use.  I love it!  Your hair looks great and you're right he's an adorable baby!! -Dawn-
Anonymous said…
I think you look gorgeous and even better as a grandma. Hope you post more pics of you and baby soon.
Take care, Chrissie
Anonymous said…
Awwwwwww he is the cutest little thing i have seen....bless him.

The hair looks cool...... :o))

hugs
Jayne

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am