Skip to main content

The Relay, and Megan graduates!

I know it’s been a while. So much has been going on!

 First of all I did the Relay for Life on the 2nd of June. We had a little rain but it was a wonderful day regardless. I got a medal and 1 strand of beads (you get one for every year you are a survivor). I held the banner for the survivor lap and I was fine until I passed my family and looked their way and they were all crying, then I lost it. We walked all the way around the track and then the caregivers join us for another lap. It was very emotional. I made it about halfway around the second lap then I was exhausted! After that I went to the survivor luncheon with Jeff. It was really nice.  My friend Denise who is also a cancer survivor had a shirt on that said, "I am dedicating this relay to Trish Ehrenberg." I was so touched by that. It made me cry. That was so sweet and I think about it every day. I really wish we would have taken a picture together. We had so many people come out to support our team, and we raised a lot of money for cancer. I want to personally thank everyone who donated to my Relay website. It really means a lot to me. Thank you!

Megan graduated on the 7th of June. My little baby girl! She looked so grown up in her cap and gown. The day before I went to her farewell assembly at her school. I sat there waiting for her to walk in with her class, but there she was…peeking from a doorway and waving at me in her cap and gown. I had to choke back the tears when I saw her. She was so happy! I didn’t cry until the band played the Lion King song…lol. The Circle of Life. Oh lord…I pictured the lion king holding up his little cub and it got to me…lolol. Too funny. After that I took her to pizza hut and we met up with some of her friends.

The graduation ceremony went really good and when they said Megan’s name we all cheered like she just won a gold medal! Jeff was yelling, “way to go Iggy!” That’s what he calls her…actually he calls her Iggy Hilton..lol. People always say she looks like Paris Hilton. Now all she needs is a prison outfit and she will really look like her.

Saturday we had her graduation party. I had to have it right away because Jeff and Bonnie’s baby is due July 1st. Her party went great. I got to see all my relatives and friends. It was a beautiful day! So many people came and I was so proud of Megan. Before the party she said, “mom, what am I going to say when people ask me what I am doing now that school’s out?” I told her to hold her head up high and just be honest. She really doesn’t know what she wants to do. She is a great artist so she is thinking of taking some art classes. She has also talked about cosmetology school. She will be just fine. I know she will figure it out soon.

I have my last radiation on Thursday. I can’t believe it! My treatments will finally be over. I have dreamed about this day for months. I am having what they call “boosts” That is when they just focus the radiation on the spot where the lump was removed. I had to have 36 zaps altogether and 8 of them are boosts. I am really sore and peeling but radiation has been a lot easier than chemotherapy. If you look at my picture you can see some of the marks on my chest from the radiation. Now that I look at the picture, Jeffs sunburn looks worse!!

I am really tired all the time but I am actually starting to recover from the effects of the chemo. My knees and hips are not as stiff and I am also getting hair! It is getting really thick too. I colored it the other day to cover the grey and it came out really nice. Can you say…Chi Chi Chi Chia!

Sunday my son's friend asked Megan to play in a co-ed softball game. We went up to the park to watch and when we got there they said that they picther wasn't showing up so Jeff (big Jeff) ended up pitching! It was so fun to watch them play in a game together. Megan did really good! She got 3 hits! And then someone hit it to right field and she actually caught it. She was so funny. She was yelling YAY!!! So was her dad! I loved it. They won too! I hope she plays again.

 

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I finished my radio on the 1st June.  Like you I had the booster doses.  I am so glad it is behind me now although it takes quite a time for the tiredness to wear off.  Congratulations on the relay, very well done and congratulations also to Megan, you must be so proud.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/
Anonymous said…
This is such an awesome entry!!  You look fantastic and your family is beautiful and I am so glad that you have had a wonderful time lately.  Your daughter is gorgeous and I wish her every happiness in the world and I can't wait to hear about the new baby!

((hugs))
Jeanne
Anonymous said…
You and your family are beautiful!  I'm so glad the relay was a success and congrats to Megan. She and her cousin look like sisters. I'm really glad you're starting to feel better.  Yay....only one more rad.  I used to live up there in Taylor a few yrs. ago a couple miles from Heritage Park.  I'm sure it has changed alot since then.  Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success
Anonymous said…
Great pics!
I know you are beaming proud of your beautiful Megan. :)
And to think you got to participate in the relay...WOO HOO for you, you rock girl!
Have a good week.
In my prayers.
Sugar
Anonymous said…
Trish,

I am very proud of you. You came a long way.
Actually my whole family is proud of you.
Come to NJ so we can see you and bring your mom.
My kids are dying to meet you.
Love Ya
Linda , Tony , Ashley & Gina
Anonymous said…
You look so beautiful..........I could be funny and say you radiate! lol Ask your Rad Onc for a (prescription)lotion called biafine...it really made a difference in all that yuck on my forehead.

Megan Congrats!!!!
Anonymous said…
You look great!!  Congrats to Megan.
Missie
Anonymous said…
Congratulations to Megan!!! They grow up so fast don't they???
I am proud of you too...You have done so well and now it is almost over ...Thank you GOD for all You have done.
Love ya,
carlene
Anonymous said…
Congratulations to Megan!  She's stunning, as usual.  Her and her cousin have the same eyes.  Both so beautiful.  I can't believe you walked in sandals!!  LOL!  That cracks me up.  I looked up the relay for life here, and it's just too complicated to form a team, so I'm going to do the survivors lap.  It's in July.  I like your hair.  It's coming in thick.  And I see your radiation tan/burn peeking up.  Hope it doesn't hurt.  :-(
You sound soooo busy!  Have a nice relaxing rest of your summer!
Take care,  Stephanie
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on all this good news!  Almost done with radiation is the best!  Linda
Anonymous said…
Congrats, mom of a high school graduate and grammie to an adorable little guy.  You look beautiful in the pictures here and the baby is adorable!!  I love his name.  Nowadays it seems everyones naming there children something weird or boring.   Love the name Jeffrey. It's just classic. -Dawn-
Anonymous said…
Congratulations Megan.

Pictures are lovely......beautiful family.
Good luck with your grandchild :o)
hugs
Jayne
Anonymous said…
What a good week you are having.    Great pics too.     Dawn
Anonymous said…
{{{{{{{Trish}}}}}}}   Congratulations on making that walk and on becoming another Cancer Surviver!! :)   I wish you nothing but good health from this day forard!

Love the pictures!  You are a beautiful lady, with a beautiful family!!

Love and hugs
Jackie

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am