Skip to main content

Getting ready for surgery.

Just a quick entry. I am getting ready to go in for surgery. I have to be there at 5:00 a.m. Surgery is at 7:30. My mom is going to go with me. Jeff can't take off work so he will come and see me when he gets off work. I think I have to be there a couple days. I am not looking forward to this but I know it has to be done.

I have done so much in the last week. When I was going through chemo, I would lay on my couch and dream about getting the painting done so now it's done! My living room and Megan's room both have been painted. My mom, Sue and Pam all came over Wednesday and helped with the living room. I was walking in circles with a paint brush in my hand. lol. I HATE painting. Sue and my mom came over and stripped the border off the wall and started painting the windows. Then Sue had to leave for a while and left and me and mom there wondering what to do next so we did a second coat on the windows. Then I said to my mom..."don't worry, when Pam gets here she will have a plan!" lol... Pam came and went to town on the ceiling and had the whole room almost painted then Sue came back, and  did the second coat! Thank god for my family. Like I said I HATE PAINTING!! I used to love it when I was younger and didn't have so much stuff. I think it is moving all the stuff out of the room and the rest of the house being so unorganized that gets me. But now I have to say, it was worth it. Everything looks so nice. Thanks, mom, Sue and Pam! I love you guys!!!!

Well I can't eat or drink after midnight so I think I am off to get a cookie and a glass of milk.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Trish.. it's always good to hear from you.. and I am so happy that you are still riding that rollercoaster of good health! :)  I know you are fearful about the surgery.. which.. should be done and over with by now.  You will be fine.  I had to have a complete hysterectomy, and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.  Well, maybe not the BEST thing.. but, it wasn't that bad either.  It sure beats the alternative.  Cancer.  Or the possibility that you could get it in that area.  

You are in my thoughts and prayers.. and please let us know how you are doing!

Glad you got the painting done!

Hugs and love
Jackie

http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/

Anonymous said…
Trish, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers, won't it be nice coming back to a freshly painted home....you just take care after your surgery and touch base when you can dear.  Arlene (AJ)
Anonymous said…
I hope you are out of surgery now and well on your way to recovery.  I'm sorry I didn't respond before your surgery.  Just know that I'm praying for you.  Ahhhh.  When you get home, it will be all fresh and new looking.  :-)  That's nice.  Keep us posted on your progress.
Stephanie
Anonymous said…
My thoughts and prayers are with you Trish.  Give us an update when you're feeling up to it.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success
Anonymous said…
Just stopping by to tell you I hope everything went well and you're home now. That was so sweet of everyone to come get that done for you. That's what I'm working on right now, but very slowly.
Take care, Chrissie
Anonymous said…
Do i ever know how you feel about painting...UGH!!!
We had to paint a couple rooms before we had our carpet laid a few weeks ago...what a mess we had trying to move crap here and there... Glad it is all done now for both of us =)

Hugs
Terri

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am