Monday, January 5, 2009

Another update.

The Orthopedic Surgeon came in and said he would be doing the surgery tomorrow.
He said it was an odd break so he will have to put a wire around it. He will also have to put some pins in. He also said the tendon will have to be repaired. He told my mom the worst part of the surgery will be 8 weeks in a cast from her thigh to her foot. She is doing better now because they are managing the pain. As long as she doesn't move it's ok but if they come in and try to move her leg she feels it.
I brushed against her foot and it really hurt her. I got the heebie geebies..lol.
Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers. I appreciate it so much.

4 comments:

kelly said...

that is tough... 8 weeks.. still sending prayers your way.. looks like someone will have to bring the bingo hall to your mom..LOL..
take care~ thinking of you and yours and hoping your mom does well...
Kelly~

Happy Being Me said...

I hoping comfort and relief find their way to your mom soon. Hopefully her recovery will be quick and not too many Bingo games will be missed. My thoughts and prayers shall go up for you and yours,
Katie

Linda said...

I will continue to keep her in my prayrs. Linda

Terri said...

Oh goodness...a cast from the thigh down...wow..that would be so uncomfortable..but it's a must I suppose...I sure hope she has very little pain and discomfort..hope the surgery went well...

Keeping her in my prayers...

Hugs
Terri