Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mom's surgery.

My mom had her surgery today and everything went good. They said that they will be getting her up tomorrow to move around a little. I couldn't be at the hospital today because last night around 9:00 my stomach started feeling weird. By 11:00 I had a full blown stomach virus. I was so sick and all I could think about was my mom's surgery and how I had to be there. Megan took great care of me, but I was so bad that I almost passed out. I was up every half hour until about 7:00 this morning running to the bathroom. It was not good. I finally remembered that I had some compazine left from when I was having chemotherapy. It helps with the upset stomach. I took that and went to bed all day. I am still feeling crappy but mostly tired.
I am just happy that my mom's surgery went good. I talked to her on the phone and she sounded good.
I am off to bed so I can rest up and see her tomorrow. My head is still really fuzzy.

10 comments:

Tawnya said...

I am so glad that your mom had surgery. I will keep her and you in my prayers....

Missie said...

I'm glad your mom's surgery went well.

Remember, take care of yourself first. If your sick, you can't help her.

Have a good one!

Dutch said...

I am happy to hear your mother surgery went well. It is now time for you to take care of yourself. Get well soon.

Happy Being Me said...

See, the power of prayer brings comfort. I'm happy to hear all went well and it was the surgery was a success. Take care of you and yours always,
Katie

Debbie said...

I'm glad your Mom's surgery went well. Trish, I hope you feel better soon. We had that stomach virus last week and it's no fun at all. It took us several days to get over it.

Hugs
Debbie

kelly said...

glad to hear things went well for your mom... sad to hear that you're not feeling well.. hope you both get back on track soon...
Kelly~

Linda said...

I am so sorry that you are feeling so sick but glad to hear that your's mom's surgery went well! Keep us posted. Linda

Terri said...

So glad your Moms surgery went well...keeping her in my prayers!

I sure hope you feel better soon...I've been feeling nauseated all week long...if I would just go ahead and get sick I would feel much better..it comes and goes...everyone has been sick it seems...I blame it on the crazy weather!

Hugs
Terri

Dawn said...

I hope you feel better soon.```` Glad to read that your mom surgery went well. Dawn

Terri said...

Hey girlie...thanks for stopping by and checking in on mom and I...I got my power back but still alot of cleanup to do outside from fallen branches(tons)...Mom is still without power but is heating the house a little and also is still able to take hot baths as her water heater is gas....I've tried to get them to come here but she is content at home... Kentucky was hit really hard i've never seen anything like it in my life...

Hope all is well with you and your mom is doing okay...

Hugs
Terri