Skip to main content

Megan's prom

Well Megan had her prom. She was a bit of a promzilla but in the end she looked beautiful and everything turned out nice. I had radiation that day so I got home just in time to do her hair. She only has 6 days of school left and then she graduates. I still can't believe it. She still isn't sure what she wants to do after school and I am not going to push her into going to college even though I know she should. She has some time to think and I hope she figures something out. She knows what I think she should do....lol

I had radiation #19 today and I am starting to get a really good tan! lol. It is so weird you can see exactly where they are doing the radiation. Today I found out they are sending me somewhere else to finish up because they will be doing maintenance on the machine at the hospital. I am kind of bummed because I am so used to going there and I love all the people, but I am sure everything will be fine where they are sending me. I am also bummed because the massage therapy that I was getting at the hospital was free and I don't know if I will still be able to get it at the new place. Aside from being really tired and achy I am getting through this ok. It's nothing like chemotherapy, but I can't wait for it to be over. I haven't worked in weeks but I know now that it is the best thing for me. I finally caved in and realized that I need to listen to my doctor and my husband.

I went to my Jeff's softball game tonight and the old man still has it! He is in the Michigan Softball Hall of Fame and I am so proud of him for that. He didn't want to play this year but I kind of talked him into it. I used to love watching him play when we were younger but the last few years he has lost interest but watching him tonight you can still see that he loves the game.

Well tomorrow is my birthday. I never got to excited about having one but I will appreciate every one that I can get now! I am going out to lunch with my mom and Sue after radiation and then when Jeff gets home from work we are going to go out for dinner if I feel up to it.

I added some pictures of the prom. I am still trying to figure out the new picture format they are using on the journal pages. I think you can click on a picture if you want to see it larger. As you can see I was dressed for the occasion...lol

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww they all look so beautiful...will be praying for you and do hope you get your message theropy free...Hugs,TerryAnn
Anonymous said…
Hey!  Happy Birthday to you!!  tell, tell, how old??  :-)  Megan is just gorgeous!!  I love her dress.  it's fun to see that the big poofy dresses are back.  And I love that she chose orange.  It looks good with her hair and tan.  See, you can't look good that day, it'd be like taking the spotlight from the bride!  LOL!
Take care,  Stephanie
Anonymous said…
Megan looks like a princess!  What a great dress.  -Dawn-
Anonymous said…
Megan is stunning and her date is sooooooooooooo handsome..they didn't make boys like that back in my day!! Happy Birthday for tomorrow..
hugs
Lyn
Anonymous said…
How very beautiful Megan looked, Her date was just as gorgeous!  Happy Birthday Trish......every day is a gift now isn't it???

Love,

K.
Anonymous said…
Megan looked beautiful!  I bet you were so proud!!  Happy Birthday wishes coming your way!
Missie
Anonymous said…
Your daughter looked beautiful.  Happy Birthday to you!!!  Linda
Anonymous said…
What an absolutely beautiful daughter you have, Trish!  And, that dress??  OMG!  It's awesome!  You have every right to be proud!

Happy Birthday to you!  I hope you have a wonderful one!!

I'm glad that the radiation is going well, and that you aren't experiencing too many side effects from it.  It will all be over soon!! Hang in there! :)

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said…
Hey Trish!!!
Happy belated birthday...Hope you had a wonderful one!
Wow...Megan looked gorgeous for Prom(she always is)...love the pics, thanks for sharing... I've been thinking about you, I apologize for not being around much... I can't blame you for wanting to finish up radiation at the hosp. but hopefully where you do go, the people will be just as nice and you will feel comfortable....take care...Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend....
Big Hugs!
 Terri
Anonymous said…
Hope you had a GREAT BD!
Loved the prom pics, Megan is BEAUTIFUL! :)
Hope the new place is as good as the other was. {{ }}
Have a nice week.
Hugs, Sugar
Anonymous said…
Happy belated birthday....hope you enjoyed yourself.

The pictures are adorable....you must be so proud
Hugs
Jayne

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am