Friday, February 29, 2008

Bread anyone?

I have a funny story to tell. I went to my cousins daughters wedding shower last Saturday.  When I was getting dressed I picked a jacket that had a breast cancer pin on it. Well, I put the jacket on and decided to take the pin off. I took it off because for over a year I have lived and breathed breast cancer. My hair is back, I don't look sick anymore, and I just wanted to go and be me. Not that I don't like to wear the pin. I'm very proud to wear it. I just wanted to have one day to go have fun and not think breast cancer.

Well my sister Sue was sitting next to me and I told her, "ya know, I had a breast cancer pin on but I took it off because I just didn't want to be the BC girl today. So she passes me the basket of bread, and I grab a piece and hand it to my sister Pam who was on the other side of me.  I look down at my piece of bread and this is what I see....

We laughed our butts off. It was so funny. Next thing you know Sue is running over showing it to everyone and telling them the BC pin story and they are cracking up. My cousin Mike took off with it and showed it to everyone too. That piece of bread made it's rounds that day. Everyone at the shower got to see it and hear the story...lol... When he came back and handed it to me I said.."are you done playing with my boob now?"...lololol Then..I wrapped it up and put it in my purse so I could show Jeff.

I told my cousin that I am taking it home, varnishing it and mounting it on my wall like a deer head. hee hee.

Good news about my mom. She had the colonoscopy and it came back fine. Thank god.  It shows some pockets where there is diverticulitis but that is it. So it was definitely the diverticulitis that had her in the hospital.

Oh another story...at the shower my cousin Mike said that he had his colonoscopy. He said they found one polyp so he was one polyp away from being a perfect asshole...hee hee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is tooooooo funny!  Someone should take that to a plastic surgeon and say "make me look like this".  LOL!  I'm glad your mom didn't have anything other than the diverticulitis.  This entry really made me chuckle - thanks for the laugh!
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

too funny!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are the one that picked that piece of bread! LOL  It sure does look like a boob!  Too funny!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so funny lol!
I'm glad your mom is ok!
hugs,
Michelle