Monday, February 25, 2008

So sad

I am so sad today. I lost another journal friend. She was such an inspiration and a wonderful lady.  Although she was fighting her own battle she had a prayer request on her journal for many people including me.  Irene from  Meet Me At The Breakfast Table  lost her fight with ovarian cancer today.  I just went back and read her very first entry in her journal and it brought tears to my eyes.  In her first entry she explained why her journal was called Meet Me at the Breakfast Table.  It is from a song by Chris Rice called Breakfast Table.  She said it was a song that reminded her sister of her.   Here is the chorus to the song.

Save me a seat at the breakfast table.
Save me a dance around the Milky Way.
And save me a thousand years to whisper in your ears.
All I've wanted to say.
Save me a smile and an angel's feather.
Save me a walk down the streets of gold.
And baby, we'll change our minds just like old times...
And maybe we'll just fly away.
Or maybe we'll stay.

She had such a loving family and I know that they are going to miss her.  I will miss her.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.  I did not know her.  I'll have to go over and look at her journal.  So very sad.  :*(

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I read renes journal too...i couldn't believe how fast the end came..just goes to show how we need to enjoy every day...it made me sad too..i just couldn't believe it...
hang in there...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I had only read her journal a few times.  I only knew of her journal in the past month.  It's sad to lose another J-land friend!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I just read about it this morning!
So dad!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hey Trish thanks for stopping by my journal today.  I have to ask, how did a nice girl like you find a journal like mine? lol
I'm so sorry you lost your friend ... I can't even begin to wrap my mind around how incredibly sad that has to be.
I put your journal on alerts so i can stop by and say hi, and I hope you will do the same with mine.  :o)
Stacy