Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mom doing better, and mammogram time.

My mom is doing much better. I took her to the doctor last week and they ordered a colonoscopy, and some vascular tests. She will know tomorrow when she is having the colonoscopy. I told the doctor we want it as soon as possible and he said it would probably be this week.  He checked her Carotid artery and he said it sounded sluggish, so she is having it checked. She had surgery on her leg years ago to fix a problem in her leg and and they are going to check that out too. She was feeling really bad on Wednesday, we were supposed to go out to lunch and she said she just didn't feel right. Sue went right over to take her temp and blood pressure. It turns out she had an upper respiratory infection. She is on antibiotics and is finally feeling good.

I went for my mammogram Monday. Ouchy wowwa. It usually doesn't hurt me but with all the surgery on my left breast it was not pleasant. Please don't let this scare anyone off from getting a mammogram. It is worth the discomfort to find out if there is anything going on in there. I have a lump on my right breast so they sent me for an ultra sound to see what the heck is going on. I can feel the lump, I am the one that found it. The ultra sound tech could feel it too, but the dang thing will not show up on an ultra sound! She just kept saying, "this is so strange I know it's there, I just can't find it".  They were waiting for my other films to compare the new ones to but she said they may want me to come in and get a couple more films done. She said they will probably want me to go and have a breast MRI. Oh great...the one were you have an I.V. and then lay face down with your boobs dangling through two holes...lolol. How cute is that. Then you have to go in a big tube and hear banging and beeping for 45 minutes. Last time I did it I got panicky towards the end. It is just that you are in there so long that you start thinking too much. I am going to call the breast center tomorrow to find out what is next.

Yesterday we were coming home from taking Jeff's van in for some work and Jeff suggested that we go out to dinner later that night.  So about 3:00 Pam calls me and asks if we wanted to go out to dinner with them. I told her that we were going to get chinese food so she said she would meet us there. Then she called Sue and Steve and they were coming too. We had such a good time and my mom actually ate! When we got there, Jeff announced, geeez all I wanted to do was take my wife out to dinner and now your all here! Everyone was cracking up. We all still met up for breakfast this morning too. After that we had to go to the grocery store, and Pam, Mike and my mom had to get some stuff so there we were at the grocery store together too.  lolol  It is so nice to be so close to my family. We love each other so much that we do everything together. We all have camping reservations in the summer for 10 days! Three campers in a row! Can't wait.

I am still doing great aside from some sinus stuff going on. I have a a headache for a week now. Other than that I feel really good.

I thought I would show off a picture of Jeffrey just out of the bath. He is getting so big and he loves taking a big boy bath now.

Off to watch the Grammy Red Carpet Show in my pink pj's.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Michelle and I'm new to your journal.
I'm glad your mom is doing better.
Your grandson is Gorgous!!!
I'll keep you in my prayers that your mammogram comes back perfect and if you need the mri - that comes back perfect too!
love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures.  Sinus stuff will definitely give you a headache, not to mention the stress of an upcoming MRI.  I hope it goes well and the lump is just a cyst or something B9.  Maybe you should ask for something to relax you before you go in the tube.  It's hard to keep your mind from thinking too much when you are in there.  Hope your mom is better.  I love the story of how close you and your family is.  *sigh*  So very nice.  :-)
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish!  I just stopped in to see how you were doing!  I hope your mom continues to feel better!  I just had a mammo and an ultrasound as well and although my surgeon feels a lump she thinks it is nothing because it is not showing up anywhere.  I will be getting an MRI every 6 months, though, which is good for my peace of mind!

Are you on tamoxifen?  I am really struggling with it...the hot flashes are as bad as the chemo hot flashes I used to have!  But other than that I am feeling pretty good!  I will pray for your MRI to come back clean and that you continue to do well!

Love,
Kristin (k4katz from BCO)

Anonymous said...

Jeffrey is adorable!!!!! I'm now blaming you for MY headache (ha ha just joking) since you've had it longer.  Lots of prayers for your Mom and that lump in your breast Trish. Here's hoping it is absolutely nothing!!  No Howard anymore???  WHY???????  Love & Hugs, Irene

Anonymous said...

Trish.............. he is toooooooooooo cute.....lol.

Hope everything goes well for you
hugs Jayne