Skip to main content

Chemo Class

On the way home from breakfast yesterday I mentioned to Jeff that there was only one more week until chemo, and how scared I was. He said, "that's only one week away until you start getting better!" Of course I wasn't looking at it that way. I feel good. I don't feel like I have to get better. Sure I have been feeling lousy from the pain medication from the surgery but all in all I feel pretty good! I am just not looking forward to feeling lousy from chemo. Jeff also said, "I can take you losing your hair, I can take you without a breast, (which thank god I didn't have to lose), I just can't take losing you, so you have to get better." He's so sweet. Today he came out of the  bathroom with a scarf on his head and said, look I'll wear one too, ears in or ears out! He is such a goofball. Earlier in the week I had modeled a scarf for him and gave him a sneak preview and asked him....ears in or out, and he told me how pretty I looked with a scarf on.

Today I went to chemo class with my mom and Sue. First they put in a video to watch. Now I know why I didn't do so good in school. While the video was going I was talking to them, and being silly. Then I would realize that I needed to pay attention, and would say..."Sue did you write that down?" (she's my secretary.) hee hee. When the video was over, the nurse came in with a folder full of information and 4 prescriptions. Take this one an hour before chemo, take this one 3 days after chemo, put this on before chemo, and take this for ANXIETY..!!!?? Huh, what? I have never been the anxious type but I think she saw me chewing my fingernails and my legs bouncing up and down and when I told her I was scared for Monday to come, she decided to write me that prescription. I told her I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin. She said, "take it." I still haven't taken it.

So now my chemo has been moved up to 11:00 on Monday. She said I should be there 3 hours. My mom has to work that evening and wants to be able to stay with me and not have to rush off.  She said she is also going to spend the night that night with me! Awww I love her!

A girl at work brought me in an Angel Star Worry Stone. I thought that was so sweet. It's a clear stone with an angel in it. I am going to take it to my first chemo with me. It says "as you hold the stone in your hand, imagine the Angel's calm presence surrounding you. Imagine yourself letting go of hurts or worries." So that's what I'm going to do!

 

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww...  What a sweet husband.  I always knew he was a good guy and now his halo is really glowing...  But 22 years....Wow, you two must be really OLD to have been married for so long  Hee hee.   But seriously, you have a wonderful husband and family and lots of friend that love you.  Keep up with the positive attitude!  You can beat this!!!!  We are all praying for you.  Be Strong!

Ruth

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am