Skip to main content

Friends and Family

I couldn't sleep tonight. I have too much stuff running through my mind. Just stupid stuff like, I have to clean the carpet, I have to get stamps tomorrow, I have to bring in my plants, I have to get the furnace cleaned, the dog needs a haircut. Then I started thinking about my friends and family and how great everyone has been since I was diagnosed.

I always knew I had great friends and relatives. I have received so many cards, phone calls, and e-mails from people who are concerned about me, some of whom I have not talked to in a long time. I love that I can hear from someone who I haven't talked to for a while and we can pick up right where we left off.  Our lives are so busy but when it comes down to it your friends and family are always there for you when you need them. 

I was at work yesterday and a boy who happens to be in a wheelchair said to me, "you look so pretty today, I wish I had a camera so I could take a picture of you." I thought that was so sweet. He said to me, "see you tomorrow." When I told him I wouldn't be there tomorrow  he said, "see you Monday." Then I told him I wouldn't be there Monday either. He asked me why and I told him I had to go see the Doctor. Then he wanted to know if I was sick and I told him to ask his teacher and she would tell him. He wheeled over to his teacher, I saw him talking to her with a very concerned look. He came back over to me with his arms wide open so I leaned down and hugged him. He said, "I will say a prayer for you tonight when I get home."  I thought that was so sweet. It made me realize that yes, I am going to be in for a fight,  I am going to lose my hair, but I will get over this and move on. For me, this is just a bump in the road as my doctor put it, but for him, he will have a challenge for the rest of his life.  For him to say he would say a prayer for me meant a lot. I am going to say a prayer for him tonight too.

good night....

 

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Trish, I just read your comments on my journal, so I had to come running over to read your story.  It seems to have happened so fast.  I'm sorry you had to get squished to get your needle localization.  I hate to say it, but I got a good chuckle over the underwear story!  LOL!  It's hilarious that you ended up with them on.

I know you start chemo in 4 days, well, I guess it's 3 days your time.  I know you must be nervous.  At least, I would be.  I'm praying that you don't get horribly sick but the meds do their work.  Fight, fight, fight!  You'll beat this thing!  

I'll mark you journal in my favorites and keep up with you.  We are both going to be victorious!  I'll be cheering you on.
Anonymous said…
Trish, this is so nice!  Whether you know it or not, you are handling everything great.  I am proud of you and love you, BUT YOU MAKE ME CRY!!!!  LOL    We WILL beat this!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am