Skip to main content

Picking out a wig

Oh lord, picking out a wig. A WIG!!!  ahhh when I walked in there was a little old lady in the wig chair who was there because she WANTED a wig. Me and my mom and sister walked in and started looking around until the lady was ready for me. Then she turned around and said ok who are we here for.....I could barely choke out the words.....I said. "meeeeee."   I almost lost it, but I bounced back and composed myself.

Seriously, there is not much to choose from. The first one I tried on I looked just like my sister Sharon who passed away from breast cancer 12 years ago. Kinda freaked us out. There I was in the mirror with my sister staring back at me. My poor mom had a hard time I think. She was kind of quiet the rest of the trip.

I tried on short wigs,  long wigs, scary wigs and finally found one I can live with.  It is shoulder length and flippy and cute. The only thing the one they had was plum color and I looked like a gothic chick. So I had to find a color I liked, The picture above with the short little wig on my long hair is the color I picked. I didn't order it yet because my wig coupon was $200.00 and the wig was $300.00. She told me to come home and call my insurance company to see if they covered any of it. I just called and they don't. They will cover my $500,000. cancer treatment but won't flip for a wig...no pun intended. Oh well, I am still going to order it. I need hair! I was just hoping to find one in the $200.00 price range and I would have if I wanted hair like a doll that's been stuck in a closet for 10 years. Some of them were awful. You can really tell the difference.

I just hope it looks nice in the color I picked out. That is a lot of money not to be satisfied.

I have been doing good today. I woke up a little nauseated, but it has calmed down a bit. I went to out to lunch with my mom and sister after the wig fiasco, and walked in feeling ill and not knowing what to order. Then I ended up scarfing down a steak sub. Now I am a little icky feeling. I really didn't eat much yesterday, so I knew I had to eat. I am hoping I can go to work tomorrow. I can't stand sitting home. I think too much..... 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad you found a wig that works for you - too bad they won't cover the whole thing.  That's kinda cheap of them!!  Who wants a wig that looks like doll hair?  gross.  

Love the mullet look!  LOL!
Anonymous said…
Awwww ...sorry to hear that the insurance will not pay the full cost of the wig...thats real mean. I loved the pics......you have the most beautiful smile.

Stay strong
Jayne

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go again

And  here we go again. Really? Really?!!! My biggest fear has come true. After eleven years of looking over my shoulder this stupid cancer has come back. I'm more pissed off than scared. Every year I was cancer free, I would announce to anyone that would listen, "it's been five years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, it's been ten years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" I just reached eleven years in August of 2017 and said with pride, "it's been eleven years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer" This sucks! I am devastated. I just don't want to go through this again. I know what I'm in for......

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I haven't been on my blog in so long. The days go by so fast and I have been so busy. So much has gone I on don't even know where to start. My mom had a second surgery on her knee. She is doing ok but has been in a lot of pain. She has therapy and the guy has been bending it 100%. I know she is just really bored with being stuck in the house. She is starting to get out more a little here and there though. My computer crashed and I lost all my pictures!! I was a little upset but I'm over it now. Most of them were my vacations pictures. I saved a lot of the pictures of the baby and my kids stuff but I never got around to saving my folder and then CRASH!!! Oh well, life goes on..It's weird how you change after something like cancer...when things like my computer crashing happens it just doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore. lol Megan went on Spring Break to Florida and I was a nervous wreck! I tracked her plane all the way there. I called

MIA

I have been missing in action here for a while. My mom is doing pretty good. She is on her third cast now. I think she is just really getting bored with being stuck in the house all the time. We have been going over to see her a lot. The other night we all went over and played poker. Wednesday I we over to have lunch with Mom, Pam, Sue and Megan. We played bingo and Pam even bought prizes. It was so fun. We are just trying to keep her busy because she is a little stir crazy. She will be getting the cast off soon and they will put a softer cast on that will help her gradually bend her knee. Then she has to go in and have the wire taken out that they put in when she had surgery. Her knee still looks awful. Sue took pictures of it when they did the cast change and she has 15 staples and it is still very swollen. I just can't believe she is going through this. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I just cut out all the junk food and snacking at night. I am