Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I have good news!

My mom is finally home! I went picked her up today. She is feeling really good. And I have great news! Her thyroid biopsy was benign!!! We are so relieved. She has to follow up with the cardiologist in 2 weeks but they seem to think that her heart rate was dropping due to the surgery because all of her tests came back good. I took her to get her prescription and she was so happy because it only costs $4.00! She has to be on it forever so she was worried it was going to cost a fortune. Sam’s Club has a deal with certain prescription drugs and they are all $4.00! So if your paying a lot somewhere else go check out the list and see if your drugs on there. I asked the guy if there were any chemo drugs and he laughed and said are you kidding me! lol I did see the lidocane that I use on my port to numb it before chemo, and I pay a higher copay with insurance so I may be going there soon.

As for me I am having a really good day. I feel great. I have chemo on Monday, so just like last time I start to feel better and I have to get my butt kicked again. My white count is actually high which is good. The doctor gave me a shot because he said that my lungs sounded a little congested. He said it would help clear it all up before Monday. It’s really important that you stay on schedule with the chemo, so I’m glad he caught that.

Happy Halloween!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is what we all have been praying for.
Love, Bobby in FT. LAUDERDALE

Anonymous said...

Great news! God is so good; always answering our prayers.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Trish.. I am so happy to hear that your mom's surgery went well, and that her thyroid was benign!  I had a feeling it would be!  Thank God!
Now, we just have to pray and concentrate on getting you back to 100%!  It will happen!  I know it will!!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Trish-GREAT news about your mom. Now you can focus on you!! Prayers being sent your way!
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

Very good news!!!!! Fight on Warrior in pink fight on!!! Next Tuesday is my 4rth round of the bad chemo, then on to four rounds of taxol......let's just hope that the side effects of that drug are a lil easier on our systems!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news!  So happy to hear everything is good for your mom.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

Good news about your mom!!  What a relief!  I'm glad you are feeling good.  You take care and enjoy your time before the next round begins.  Happy Halloween.  

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your mom is home and doing well!  Linda

Anonymous said...

That is great news about your mom.
I just started reading your journal and I wish you the best.
you will be in my prayers.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I love you Trish!!

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))That is wonderful news.I am so happy for you.Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hey Trish,
Wonderful news on your mom. I know you're all relieved. Glad you're having a great day.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Great News Trish