Skip to main content

I have good news!

My mom is finally home! I went picked her up today. She is feeling really good. And I have great news! Her thyroid biopsy was benign!!! We are so relieved. She has to follow up with the cardiologist in 2 weeks but they seem to think that her heart rate was dropping due to the surgery because all of her tests came back good. I took her to get her prescription and she was so happy because it only costs $4.00! She has to be on it forever so she was worried it was going to cost a fortune. Sam’s Club has a deal with certain prescription drugs and they are all $4.00! So if your paying a lot somewhere else go check out the list and see if your drugs on there. I asked the guy if there were any chemo drugs and he laughed and said are you kidding me! lol I did see the lidocane that I use on my port to numb it before chemo, and I pay a higher copay with insurance so I may be going there soon.

As for me I am having a really good day. I feel great. I have chemo on Monday, so just like last time I start to feel better and I have to get my butt kicked again. My white count is actually high which is good. The doctor gave me a shot because he said that my lungs sounded a little congested. He said it would help clear it all up before Monday. It’s really important that you stay on schedule with the chemo, so I’m glad he caught that.

Happy Halloween!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is what we all have been praying for.
Love, Bobby in FT. LAUDERDALE
Anonymous said…
Great news! God is so good; always answering our prayers.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
Anonymous said…
Trish.. I am so happy to hear that your mom's surgery went well, and that her thyroid was benign!  I had a feeling it would be!  Thank God!
Now, we just have to pray and concentrate on getting you back to 100%!  It will happen!  I know it will!!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said…
Trish-GREAT news about your mom. Now you can focus on you!! Prayers being sent your way!
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/
Anonymous said…
Very good news!!!!! Fight on Warrior in pink fight on!!! Next Tuesday is my 4rth round of the bad chemo, then on to four rounds of taxol......let's just hope that the side effects of that drug are a lil easier on our systems!!!!
Anonymous said…
Great news!  So happy to hear everything is good for your mom.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess
Anonymous said…
Good news about your mom!!  What a relief!  I'm glad you are feeling good.  You take care and enjoy your time before the next round begins.  Happy Halloween.  
Anonymous said…
I am so glad your mom is home and doing well!  Linda
Anonymous said…
That is great news about your mom.
I just started reading your journal and I wish you the best.
you will be in my prayers.
Barbara
Anonymous said…
I love you Trish!!
Anonymous said…
(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))That is wonderful news.I am so happy for you.Have a great day.

Anonymous said…
Hey Trish,
Wonderful news on your mom. I know you're all relieved. Glad you're having a great day.
Take care, Chrissie
Anonymous said…
Great News Trish

Popular posts from this blog

I didn't fall of the face of the earth!!!

I didn't fall of the face of the earth I really didn't!! I have just been doing the same old stuff....babysitting, babysitting and more babysitting!! Little Jeffrey is getting so big. He is talking so good now and is the sweetest boy EVER!! He really has me wrapped around his finger. So what's been going on other than babysitting? I had my 3 month checkup with my oncologist. I have a "nodule" on my right breast. I have to go June 5th for the usual workup. Mammogram, ultrasound, and breast MRI. From there they will let me know if I have to have a biopsy. I guess I will never have a time in my life when I don't have to worry about breast cancer not creeping back up on me. I just celebrated my 46th birthday. I had a nice day with my family. My daughter Megan bought new cushions for my patio set. Jeff and Bonnie gave me a gift card and I went and bought an anti gravity lawn chair. It's the best chair EVER!! I am really going to enjoy it when we go camping in J...

2nd Chemo down!

I had my second chemo on Monday and so far so good. Aside from a little fatigue and stomach stuff going on I'm doing ok. I may have overdone it yesterday though. I went to the Look Good Feel Better class that the American Cancer Society offers. It was wonderful! I have been volunteering with the Realy for Life for 4 years and I actually got to see what some of our money has been going for. My mom and Sue went with me. Then of course the lady that was running it had to go and do the tupperware introduce yourself game. I was the last one and when I opened my mouth I said my name and why I was there and how my family is here and how much they support me and I have 2 kids and then I started crying.....oh god! Then my mom and Sue were crying. I got over it once I opened the bag and saw all the goodies though. They gave me a big bag just filled with makeup, and I am talking good makeup! The kind I walk past in the department store and dream about! They showed how to put on your eyebrows ...