Sunday, October 8, 2006

Feeling good and Halloween!!

Halloween, what can I say. Sharon loved halloween and she would have parties and even had a haunted hayride in her backyard for the kids.  This weekend was spent at the little league haunted house. Sue and Pam worked really hard this year to get it ready and they did a great job. My entire family volunteers.  We have so much fun.  We all have our spots in the house and love to scare people! My mom even comes and works.   Friday I felt really good other than having a headache, so I went up there with my husband. I had a hot chocolate at about 10:00 and by 10:15 I knew it was a wrong move.  There I was in my scary hiding spot in the house feeling sick, with a barf bag in my lap, waiting for the next victims to come by to scare. I went out to the van when we had a break and told Jeff, I have to get home NOW!!
I made it home just in time. Let's just say, no more hot chocolate for me. 
I had a good weekend. I had a headache on Saturday, but today I felt fantastic! It is so nice to have a day where nothing hurts. Wait, I take that back, my scalp is very sore, and today I ran my fingers through my hair and came up with a pretty good bunch of hair in my  hand. Megan was standing there and I said "oh no" and we looked at eachother and started cracking up!!?? Why I don't know, but she said mom don't laugh, and I said you laughed first! And then we both laughed again.
Oh well, I knew it was coming. I'm ready for it.
My son Jeffrey went to the grocery store for me yesterday and he came home and said I bought you something. He had 2 breast cancer awarness DONUTS! lol They were so cute. Pink frosting and little white ribbons. Yes, I ate them both!
I have been getting such a collection of scarves from people. Pam gave me 2 halloween, and 1 valentine. Then my daughter's friend Amanda and her boyfriend Kyle came over today and Kyle's mom bought me an orange one and a pink one.  They were also wearing  pink breast cancer bacelets. I thought that was so sweet.
I also recieved a cute little pin from Patti, a women at little league, she also has breast cancer, it says, Fight Like a Girl. She said someone gave it to her when she was diagnosed and now she is passing it on to me! That was so sweet.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I think I will have blood work done to check my counts. I am hoping they are good so I can work this week. Then next Monday Chemo,  ...uggg.....  just when I'm starting to feel good again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that was so sweet....the idea of the doughnuts.

You sound like you have a wonderful family around you. Please stay positive

Hugs
Jayne

Anonymous said...

My Oncologist told me the week in between the chemotherapy are always good weeks, he was right I felt great. I was off all anti nausea meds by the 6th day follwing chemo.....Zofran rocks!!!!!