Monday, October 2, 2006

Sleep, Nausea, and the Homecoming Dance

Thursday when I was feeling good we went out on my second wig shopping trip and had a good time. I did find a wig. It wasn’t the one I originally picked out but it is really nice. We also went to The Josephine Ford Cancer Center because my friend at the American Cancer Society recommended it. They had a room we could go in and pick out whatever I wanted. I picked out 6 little knit caps and 2 blonde bombshell wigs just for Jeff. Hee hee.

Friday I went to work and it felt good to get out of the house and go someplace other than the doctor. The kids are starting to ask questions and I am just being honest with them. They will find out sooner or later when I show up with a scarf on my head. A teacher at school made me 3 beautiful scarves! She had her own battle with cancer last year and she couldn’t find anything to fit her head right. She made her own so she wanted to make sure I had some too. I thought that was so nice. What a thoughtful thing to do! Her hair is growing back now and it looks so cute! Another friend from work came over Friday evening and brought my family dinner from Famous Dave’s. It was right on time because after working and running to the post office and bank afterward, I was feeling tired. It was such a nice meal. It was from the maintenance crew at work. How thoughtful! She also brought me a book about nutrition and cancer. There are some good recipes and it has some good information on what to eat when your battling cancer. .

Megan had her homecoming dance yesterday. I felt so bad because I was having a “bad day.” I am a hairdresser so I always do her hair for dances, but I just wasn’t thinking that maybe I wouldn’t feel good enough to do it for her. She started getting ready at about 11:00 and at 2:00 I was on a heap in her bed thinking I should have made her a hair appointment. I finally got up and did her hair and it turned out beautiful! I have to say though, we might be in trouble on her wedding day…I think I may have a bridzilla on my hands!! Pam was here and can testify to that. Pam stayed for a few hours cleaned my kitchen and made some macaroni and cheese one of the few things that sounds good lately.

Every Sunday we go out to breakfast with my family. My mom, Pam and Mike and Sue and Steve and whoever else shows up. This week I just wasn’t into it, so at about 9:00 this morning, Jeff woke me up and said, “come on were going to breakfast“….I went downstairs and he had made me breakfast! It was so nice. He had the whole spread. Eggs, toast, sausage, hashbrowns.  He did a good job and he even did the dishes!

Today I’m not doing that great with food. Nothing sounds good. I force myself to eat and then I feel sick. It is so frustrating. I haven’t been feeling all that great for the last two days. I have been really tired and sick to my stomach. I went out on the porch for a while today just to get some fresh air. I hope I feel good enough to go in to work tomorrow. I have to go get my blood work done and see how my counts are, if they are good I can go to work for the week.

This has been a hard journal entry only because I just haven’t felt good the last couple days. I know I will have my days when I feel good and bad, but the bad sucks!! I’m hoping this week is better.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{Trish}}} I'm sorry you aren't feeling good.  

I like your wig.  Very cute.  It sounds like this shopping experience was much better than the last one.

It sounds like you have some very kind friends and co-workers and DH!  I would be floored if mine ever cooked a nice breakfast like that!

Your daughter looked gorgeous.  You did a wonderful job on her hair.  Can you come and cut mine?  he-he Just hop on a plane and fly out to Hawaii...

Anonymous said...



          I told you, you would still be beautiful Trish! It looks really nice! I hope you start feeling better soon! I knew Jeff had it in him to do something soooo nice for his wife! What a great brother I have! Remember, I'm here anytime of the day or night for you if you feel like or need to talk!!   I LOVE YOU!! :)

Anonymous said...

the pictures were amazing..........i loved your mum in the blonde wig.

Jayne