Sunday, October 29, 2006

Mom's surgery

Having a long weekend. My moms still in the hospital, she is doing great with the surgery, but her heart rate slowed down. She saw a cardiologist this morning and they are running some tests on her to see what’s going on. We are still waiting for the pathogy report on her thyroid. The doctor said it looked good but that is the same thing they told my family when I had my lumps removed so I am waiting until I hear the final report before I celebrate!
I spent all day Friday and Saturday with her. She kept telling me to go home and take a nap but I just wanted to be there with her. I finally asked her if she would leave me and she said no, and I said see mom I'm staying! I laid in a chair next to her bed and had a pillow and blanket and she said they are going to come in her and not know who the patient is....hee hee....I am on my way up there now and her only request is a bottle of Diet Vernors. I’m sure I'll find some other goodies to take her. She might come home today if all the tests go good. I know she will be happy about that. Yesterday when they told her she had to stay she was a very unhappy Italian....lol

My white count was low on Monday so they told me to start giving myself a shot of Neupogen on Wednesday through Sunday. My mom has been doing it for me that was until she went for surgery so yesterday I had to do it myself. I did good! I was nervous but I did it! Right in the stomach. It sounds bad but it doesn't hurt at all. It just burns when you push the medicine in a little. So now I am off to give
myself another shot and visit my mom for the day! Take care.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad mom is doing better.. but don't forget to take care of you!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I hope your Mom will get to come home and both of you will be able to get some real rest!  Linda

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))I am glad your Mom is doing good,I am still praying for Her and your family.Good for you,you did good with giving your own self a shot.Let me tell you,I was taking enbrel and my Dad had to put the shot together and than I take it,but,now I am on Humira,the shot is already prepared.So,I give it to myself,in the stomach.lol.And I dont like that shot,because,just like yours,it stings.lol.But it helps with Athitis and Porises.Have a nice Sunday and a good week.

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you, glad your mom is doing better, Have a good Sunday, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

 Glad your mom is doing better.  That first shot is always the hardest, good for you for getting it over with.

                    Julie

Anonymous said...

Trish

Tell your mom we are all praying for her and you.  
My family went to church today because it is my dad 's birthday.
Ashley & myself brought up the gifts and I felt him, Sharon & your dad
looking down at us.
We love you very much and are looking forward to seeing you in the summer.
Love you

Linda & the gang

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your mom is ok. Don't forget you need rest too!! Prayers to you both.
michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you mom!  I am feeling really good about her surgery! :)  I think she is going to be fine..

What a brave one, giving yourself that shot in the stomach!  Amazing what we do when we know we have to!

Hugs and prayers
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I get the neulasta (sp?) shot and then antibotics between rounds of chemo. I'm so happy to hear your Mom's surgery went well! Don't forget to rest yourself!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your mom is doing okay...
Keeping her in my prayers...
Try to get some rest when ya can...
Have a good week...
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your mom is okay.  I hope she gets to go home soon, so she can get some rest.  Those hospitals are not places to get rest!!  Make sure you get some rest too.

I'm proud of you giving your shot to yourself.  I knew you could do it!!  Take care, Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Praying for the both of you...big hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

ouch on the shot, but I guess you get used to it. I am happy your mom is doing good after surgery and hopefully she will go home today.